• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Davis Divan

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks so cooooool. seems way ahead of its time with the great aerodynamic shape looks like the door pulls are recessed. If it wasn't offered in yellow, that might have been its downfall

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They had one of those on Chasing Classic Cars. (Velocity Channel on Dish)
I seem to recall that it was powered by an old Ford Flat Head V8.
I think the one I saw was purple.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i
LOL! You and your yellow. What side was the gas cap on?
I've learned it's NOT a gas cap, I've been told it's a gas tank cover I don't think it screws in rather a pressure fit. Those with a technical background might better define it .Which side you ask, after a gazillion posts, I still don't know (read remember)

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE DAVIS HAD A 4 CYLINDER HERCULES OR CONTINENTAL ENGINE .
I DO REMEMBER SEEING A YELLOW ONE BUT IT WAS A VERY LIGHT PASTEL COLOR .

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FAILED CARS OF THAT ERA .
I saw a video of it in Jay Leno's garage. They said it was an 'industrial' engine; the two names you mention above.

They had a slight problem with gas. With the cap on, it created a negative pressure in the tank. Once it was removed, it ran okay.

The one in the show was being restored by a museum and they were looking for funds to do so.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a video of it in Jay Leno's garage. They said it was an 'industrial' engine; the two names you mention above.

They had a slight problem with gas. With the cap on, it created a negative pressure in the tank. Once it was removed, it ran okay.

The one in the show was being restored by a museum and they were looking for funds to do so.
Not being anything close to a mechanic, I do remember drilling a hole in the cap to solve it?

Top Bottom