• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Desperate Measures...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, here's a thought. Let's assume that EM can't get the funding they need to build their car and the Paul is about to loose everything he has put into the project. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

How about the Chinese? If EM could get them interested in the car I can see the following.

1. They have the money and know how to produce the car.
2. They would not have to spend huge amounts of money and time on development.
3. They could built the car in China for even less than here.
4. It could give them a way to break into the U.S. auto market.
5. They could sell them around the world and domestically.

I'm sure there are other good reasons they might be interested, and I'm also sure most of you hate the idea. Go! :flame:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, here's a thought. Let's assume that EM can't get the funding they need to build their car and the Paul is about to loose everything he has put into the project. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

How about the Chinese? If EM could get them interested in the car I can see the following.

1. They have the money and know how to produce the car.
2. They would not have to spend huge amounts of money and time on development.
3. They could built the car in China for even less than here.
4. It could give them a way to break into the U.S. auto market.
5. They could sell them around the world and domestically.

I'm sure there are other good reasons they might be interested, and I'm also sure most of you hate the idea. Go! :flame:
Personally I would love to see Paul succeed and have my car produced in the US of A. I might add, if my Elio must be built in China,then so be it! I really would love to have my Elio!

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If my Elio is made in China, it can stay there. I won't have a Harbor Freight quality POS sitting in my driveway.

Me too!! But it makes me wonder which of Paul's "must haves" are really important to most people. The one "must have" that maybe Paul slipped up on from the get go was "be able to bring in a profit for loans or investors."

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect to see a major Chinese automobile manufacturer make a large scale effort for vehicle importation into United States within five years... including setting up dealer networks...

The only barrier to this will be the fact that the United States is no longer an automobile growth market...many argue that we have reached "peak auto" sales in the U.S.

FYI... China already has their foot into vehicle importation in the United States...since 2010 Volvo has been owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect to see a major Chinese automobile manufacturer make a large scale effort for vehicle importation into United States within five years... including setting up dealer networks...

The only barrier to this will be the fact that the United States is no longer an automobile growth market...many argue that we have reached "peak auto" sales in the U.S.

FYI... China already has their foot into vehicle importation in the United States...since 2010 Volvo has been owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group...
GM is already partnered with a major auto mfg. in China producing vehicles for sub-$6k USD and looking to expand beyond China's borders.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GM is already partnered with a major auto mfg. in China producing vehicles for sub-$6k USD and looking to expand beyond China's borders.

Oh I can't wait for the instruction manual which will be something along these lines:

h8302C21B

Top Bottom