• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dow -20% Since 10/3?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Dow has dropped almost 20% since October 3rd.
Can anyone here explain to me what the H is going on?
Overvalued stocks, a sugar rush from tax breaks, .25 interest rate hike, Mnuchin's comments Sunday, gov shutdown, tariffs, Brexit, umm take your pick/all of the above. I'm not going into geo-political reasons due to the toxic subject of that discussion.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Overvalued stocks, a sugar rush from tax breaks, .25 interest rate hike, Mnuchin's comments Sunday, gov shutdown, tariffs, Brexit, umm take your pick/all of the above. I'm not going into geo-political reasons due to the toxic subject of that discussion.
In one single day...
Dow Jones 12/26/2018 = 22,878.45 +1,086.25 (4.98%)
Yeah, that's good but IMO really scary.
Again, WTH?

Last edited:

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's because people are dramatic and invest with emotions. The next time that something unexpected happens, the stock market will always fall that day (or next day if it happens at night). Usually several hundred points. The day after that, it usually recovers. Unless it is a huge down turn.

People literally freak out over almost nothing. A lot of people have been saying the market has been over valued for a while anyway. This shouldn't be really scary unless you are getting ready to retire. And if you are getting ready to retire, you should have very little money in the stock market anyway.

An African dictator could shart his pants and if the news covered it like crazy as if it was a big thing, stocks would fall. The stock market is a very big mental game. There is a reason why almost nobody can beat the market's returns over several years.

Top Bottom