• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Florida

Jerry Moorehead

Reaction score
I am all in with Elio. I heard that 3 wheeled cars are considered as motorcycles in Florida. I just took and passed a motorcycle class for getting a motorcycle endorsement on my license, just in case. Does anyone know how Florida will classify our 3 wheeled Elio?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am all in with Elio. I heard that 3 wheeled cars are considered as motorcycles in Florida. I just took and passed a motorcycle class for getting a motorcycle endorsement on my license, just in case. Does anyone know how Florida will classify our 3 wheeled Elio?
former resident of florida here.= it'll be classified as a motorcycle for registration and plate, but will not require a M.C. endorsement , and of course no helmet- , and you'll be able ride 95 like hybrids do, with out the 2nd passenger (as a motorcycle). In many other states, E. Motors and many members here have worked hard to eliminate the helmet ,and motorcycle license, and have the E classified as an "autocycle".
and welcome It'll be really cool riding the bee line and around the Lake! good luck too us all, and to all a good night!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome: to Elio Owners Forum Jerry,
This is the one site you can find out more about the Elio than most any other places.
The "Search" function will help you find just about anything you're looking for; and as you have already discovered, if you can't find it, just ask, the members here are always willing to help. We will occasionally "drift" from a topic and cover a lot of other topics.
The members are from all walks of life and every industry you can think of.
So pull up a chair and make yourself at home and enjoy the this time before the Elio is rolled out.
As per the Elio Motors website
EM Webpage.gif

Top Bottom