• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Coming To New Mexico On The Road Show

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw this posted elsewhere and wanted to make sure my fellow New Mexico Elio enthusiasts knew:
They are planning to visit Albuquerque during the Balloon Fiesta 10-4 - 10-12. It looks like we'll have several days where we can go see one.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw this posted elsewhere and wanted to make sure my fellow New Mexico Elio enthusiasts knew:
They are planning to visit Albuquerque during the Balloon Fiesta 10-4 - 10-12. It looks like we'll have several days where we can go see one.
I saw the P3 at the 2013 Balloon Fiesta and went "all in" the next week. Now it's just a waiting game.

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news Ty. I just emailed Elio and got the same response above. I thought I had some hot news off the press, you beat me to it. ha ha. I can't wait to actually see one in person this year. And only 5 months after that - the cars should be in production - Fingers crossed.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
By October you should get to see and sit in one of the P5 prototypes which should be the final pre-production build and should fully represent what we will actually be driving soon.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any idea when the P5 will be revealed? I hope Paul keeps all the iterations... someday, they'll be great museum displays.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea when the P5 will be revealed? I hope Paul keeps all the iterations... someday, they'll be great museum displays.

The information we have so far is that the P5 is due in June. Personally I am hoping they have it in time for the Oskosh Fly-In at the end of June which would is a big event and good for unveiling something new. If the P5 works out the way they hope it will then they plan on building 18-26 pre-production models for testing this fall and winter before production begins in the first or second quarter of next year. Hopefully everything works out well so by the time of the Balloon Fiesta you should be seeing a pre-production model that will be extremely close to what will be delivered next year.

I would think they would keep all the prototypes and have them on display in their production facility once things get rolling. I would love to see them all when I go pick up my Elio in Shreveport next year. It would be great to see the P1/P2, P3, P4, P5, pre-production model, and finally a production version all lined up in one place really detailing the evolution of the design over a number of years.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't go see the Elio at the ballon fiesta last year because it was only going to be down at the actual fiesta and I wasn't willing to fight the traffic and parking getting in and out of there to see it. I was hoping they'd set it up for a day or so at the Coronado Mall or even see it at their hotel, but no luck. I won't go this fall either if I have to fight the fiesta crowd to see it. I hope they'll take it to a mall for a few days for just the investors to see.

Top Bottom