• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Configuration For A 7'3" Person?

Reaction score
I sat in one of the prototypes in northern Illinois 2 or 3 years ago. Seemed to have great room for my upper body and great visibility, but I couldn't get my right knee past the dash to operate the pedals. I was hoping at the time that that part of the dash might not have anything important behind and could be cut away maybe.

After that I talked with some of the designers and was lead to believe that they would put tracks under the driver's seat similar to what Chevy did with the Cruz, which in that car, kind of renders it into a 3 seat car with the tracks going almost 4 inches further back than other cars. Which is why the Cruz is one of my picks for rentals when I travel.

They also told me that the seat could be lowered, like some of the other production cars that ratchet up and down.

I've not been in recent prototypes of the car. I'd like to try one again but live in the midwest so Chicago is about the nearest opportunity. Be cool if they came to the Milwaukee Auto Show in a couple weeks but don't see that happening.

Any other exceptionally tall guys looking at making this car work for them? I think it could be a neat selling point for them when everything else seems to be shrinking.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
O
I sat in one of the prototypes in northern Illinois 2 or 3 years ago. Seemed to have great room for my upper body and great visibility, but I couldn't get my right knee past the dash to operate the pedals. I was hoping at the time that that part of the dash might not have anything important behind and could be cut away maybe.

After that I talked with some of the designers and was lead to believe that they would put tracks under the driver's seat similar to what Chevy did with the Cruz, which in that car, kind of renders it into a 3 seat car with the tracks going almost 4 inches further back than other cars. Which is why the Cruz is one of my picks for rentals when I travel.

They also told me that the seat could be lowered, like some of the other production cars that ratchet up and down.

I've not been in recent prototypes of the car. I'd like to try one again but live in the midwest so Chicago is about the nearest opportunity. Be cool if they came to the Milwaukee Auto Show in a couple weeks but don't see that happening.

Any other exceptionally tall guys looking at making this car work for them? I think it could be a neat selling point for them when everything else seems to be shrinking.
Only 6'4, so I can not help, but sat in the P4 at Balloon Fiesta 2016 and never had so much leg room in any of my previous cars!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There is that one short video circulating from when they had the P5 in New York, that shows a fellow getting out of the P5 that was 7' tall.
Starting with the P5, they have created more headroom for the driver and passenger by changing the roofline of the Elio.
The E1 Series are that same configuration that have additional headroom.
And it's not too difficult to do custom tracks of a mounting change in any automotive seat; I know, I did it for years in Seattle at the shop I worked for.
I did 4 of Bill Russell's (the basketball player) cars. The trick with his cars was that his wife was short, and she needed to be able to drive the cars too.

Top Bottom