• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Court Hearing On 3/27/2018...

Reaction score
Well, the head light thing is a problem that needs addressing. I am slightly worried about strapping a baby seat into an elio too. I am sure one can't strap one on a motorcycle. If it isn't against the law, it should be but not in an elio. I got goat hoofs to trim today. I'll let somebody else work on the head light problem. And as far as the baby seat, lol. It's not the only law I'll choose to ignore.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the head light thing is a problem that needs addressing. I am slightly worried about strapping a baby seat into an elio too. I am sure one can't strap one on a motorcycle. If it isn't against the law, it should be but not in an elio. I got goat hoofs to trim today. I'll let somebody else work on the head light problem. And as far as the baby seat, lol. It's not the only law I'll choose to ignore.
I love it. There are some laws (regulations) which are too ridiculous to follow and some which violate the Constitution which I choose to ignore. The law just yells me which ones could put me in jail.

The former is EPA regulations which technically are violated every time I mow my yard because my yard has species which are considered wetland species.

The latter is any law restricting my right to keep and bare arms, even whether to register them.

Both these would get me in trouble if a prosecutor decided he was going to get me for whatever reason. Prosecutorial misconduct and overreach should be be prosecuted with severe penalties, but it almost never is.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back to the original post (In case you don't feel like searching for it elsewhere)...

A hearing was held May 15, 2018, and the court found the penalty previously imposed against the Company by the LMVC to be excessive and reduced the fine from $545,000 to $76,500: $38,250 for not having a manufacturer’s license and $38,250 for not having an automobile dealer’s license. The Court ordered the Company provide proof of its establishment of a trust account into which all amounts collected for refundable reservation payments are deposited and proof of the deposits into such account within 60 days, or face an additional daily fine of $1,000. The Court also assessed the Company the cost of the legal proceedings and LMVC’s attorney fees. The Company plans to vigorously appeal the ruling and the Court’s application of the licensing requirements to a company, which has neither manufactured nor sold a vehicle as of the date of the decision. Based upon the lower court decision, the Company has reduced the accrued liability from $545,000 to $76,500 during the 2nd quarter of 2018.

On April 24, 2018 a vendor filed a complaint against the Company in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Eastern Division. The complaint alleges a breach of contract for failure to pay for services provided to the Company between September 2016 and December 2017. At December 31, 2017 and 2016, the Company had $304,515 and $245,956, respectively, recorded in accounts payable related to that vendor. On May 22, 2018, the Company reached a settlement agreement, paying the vendor $83,000 for the full and final settlement for all claims arising from the litigation.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And I finally got word from the "powers that be" the next court case is:
fed0b86aaa6e97ed744b459c32fde7fc

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Aug 30, 14:20 EDT

Hey Coss,
It looks like a date has not been set yet as there is a lot of legal steps to be taken and documents filed before a date is set. We are on it, but the timeline is not in our control.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

And so no date is set as of yet, but they're working on it, in the mean time, everything from the last hearing is on hold because they filed this appeal.
And so there's your answer.
(This came from the near top of the "tree" so you can believe it)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Surprise. I'm still alive! Elio is having to spend a lot of money they don't have to clean up messes they have made and those they have NOT made (like the Dealer's license nonsense).

I have very little time to fret about Elio these days. This is why: https://facesofaddiction.net

Ekh
Good to see you are still around. Come back when there is actual news and times get more fun than they are now.

Top Bottom