• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Engine

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted anything on the forum and post's seem to go on forever about anything and everything so i only did a quick search. Now the meat of the matter. I understand that IAV has designed the engine but if i remember correctly ELIO will build the engine at the Sherveport Plant. If this is the case is there any way that the casting, cleaning, flame spray and all the production for the engine could possibly be ready by sept or later 2017?
Just wondering!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The engines will not be built by Elio. They will be built by supplier Linamar Corp. in the Shreveport plant.

You are right about Linamar building Elio's 'Bespoke' IAV engine.
Weather it will be built in Shreveport is not Clear. Originally COMAU
was to assemble the bits (castings, etc. & spray line the cylinders) in
the Shreveport plant. But with the new agreement with Linamar to
produce the engine for the 'World' Market. It may be that they will
supply ready built engines from a USA plant & ship them to Elio
in Shreveport to be inserted there.....? http://www.linamar.com/

"Elio Motors is the first startup vehicle manufacturer to develop its own internal combustion engine in the automotive industry in more than 60 years," said Gino Raffin, Vice President of Manufacturing of Elio Motors. "We're looking forward to working with Linamar to manufacture the engine in our Shreveport facility as we move it toward commercial production."

Last edited:

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I really have high hopes that we will get our autocycles next year. I kinda droped out of the forum cause untill they start opening the shrevport plant there is not much to add.

Top Bottom