• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Extreme Mod Idea

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Inspired by the "Elio Super Mod" pic/model I saw around here somewheres, I decided to try my hand at sketching up my own idea.

It's basically my idea of an Elio with the cockpit from a Star Wars X-wing (complete with R2-D2 in back!) But once I got the lines down, I realized I really quite like the shape of it. Definitely a one-seater though.

2zgw7cg.jpg

And the original picture, for reference. (Yeah, I know, I forgot to put mirrors on the Xlio, so sue me).
a24ys9.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Inspired by the "Elio Super Mod" pic/model I saw around here somewheres, I decided to try my hand at sketching up my own idea.

It's basically my idea of an Elio with the cockpit from a Star Wars X-wing (complete with R2-D2 in back!) But once I got the lines down, I realized I really quite like the shape of it. Definitely a one-seater though.

2zgw7cg.jpg

And the original picture, for reference. (Yeah, I know, I forgot to put mirrors on the Xlio, so sue me).
a24ys9.jpg

Very cool, Seth! :clap2:

Arilea is the genius behind most of the cool Elio configurations I've come across. He modeled the original in SketchUp off of some so-so views (requiring a substantial amount of interpolation) of the P4, and 'alleged' body changes EM mentioned would be done to the P5. Some of his work can be seen here.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=elio&backendClass=entity

I'm more of a hands-on fabricator/builder type. So I need you and Ari to bang some ideas back and forth to see what crazy concepts ya'll can come up with (to add to my "list" ;)).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest catalog of mods belongs to Silas Sunday.
There was a link to his new website on here about a month ago; and that was for only part of his picture album.
It was done on Wix.com
I'm sure if you do a search on his name, it will come up a number of times.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the one's! He does some great color designs, and the mods he does look factory.
These 2 really stand out
The Cargo Back (It does need a little better "blending" done).
View attachment 8538

And the Pickup / Flatbed model

View attachment 8539

The top one reminded me of what EM could do to make the Elio the 'perfect' pizza delivery vehicle [fleet]. They came up recently with a "dedicated pizza delivery" vehicle at Domino's. EM could easily convert the base model for this purpose. And what better advertising than a crazy looking vehicle pulling up to your house!

pizza delivery.jpg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The top one reminded me of what EM could do to make the Elio the 'perfect' pizza delivery vehicle [fleet]. They came up recently with a "dedicated pizza delivery" vehicle at Domino's. EM could easily convert the base model for this purpose. And what better advertising than a crazy looking vehicle pulling up to your house!

View attachment 8540

I was reading an article the other day about a fleet of electric buses in China that, instead of using above-road cables or battery packs, use capacitors for energy storage. Some designs can go 20 km (12.4 miles) between charge ups. Which sounds horrendous, until you realize that the capacitors are wirelessly charged up at each bus stop, and only take about 3-5 minutes to fully recharge the bus.

If somebody wanted to develop a dedicated pizza delivery car, that might be the way to go. Electric power trains are cheaper, simpler, and more compact than ICE ones, with the exception of the battery pack. But capacitors cost half of what the batteries would cost, and weigh 1/3 the amount, so the car can be even more efficient and cheaper than either a BEV or ICE vehicle. It's not something that makes sense for commuting to work, but it would be perfect for pizza delivery because you can just charge up the car in a few minutes while you load it up with fresh hot grease wedges.

Top Bottom