1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Elio Illinois Check In

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Blackbird, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    There Must be more Illinois Elio visionaries? Checking in #61 here in Wheaton Illinois. I will add this quirky unusual ride to my already head scratching limited market collection. A 1970 AMC Gremlin, A Gen 1 hyper mile Honda Insight, and oh so beautiful but rare Honda Rune motorcycle. An Orange Julius tri-Elio will fit right in with this collection of misfit toys! Hope to see others out there!!

Kooter, RickD, outsydthebox and 2 others like this.
  2. zelio

zelio Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Hi Blackbird. I noticed no one has welcomed you so I decided I will. I am sure there must be more people from Illinois but obviously I'm not one of them. I hope you enjoy the group. I live in Oregon but tend to wander around the forums simply checking to see what is going on. I learn some interesting things and run into others that I don't understand or am not interested in. I have found some fascinating stuff in my spare time exploring old postings and not so old posting. So, Welcome. and Enjoy. :-) Z

TCBronson, RickD and Blackbird like this.
  3. Dan Nocher

Dan Nocher New Member

Hi Blackbird from Elwood. I only did the $100 tees shirt. Not sure what color I would pic Orange maybe with some black strips added later. I know one other person that is all in. He Showed my wife the Elio and she told me to get rid of the scooter.

TCBronson, RickD and zelio like this.
  4. raybonz

raybonz Elio Addict

Hi Dan welcome to the forum!

Ray

TCBronson and zelio like this.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Hey Dan. Doesn't matter what your contribution amount is as long as you are a believer and of coarse not in a hurry! Lol. I would have to agree with your wife, loose the scooter the Elio will give you more than enough cool factor. Welcome aboard the Elio forum!

TCBronson, zelio and raybonz like this.
  6. Steve McKenney

Steve McKenney Elio Fan

I am from Illinois but not from a major metropolitan area. The closest to me is in or going to be in Joliet, IL. Totally worth the drive to get it and I can't wait. I am "All-In" but at a $250 level so I don't really know what my number is since others can still get in ahead of me. :) I can't wait to get mine and I hopefully see this peppering the streets. I also know there is a guy that I know personally who is buying two of them. One for himself and one to use in a raffle as a fundraiser. How's that for a visionary?

TCBronson, RickD, BilgeRat and 3 others like this.
  7. zelio

zelio Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Hi Steve and welcome from southern Oregon. The fellow you know is truly a visionary. How fantastic is that. I also can't wait to get my Elio and am currently saving to up my reservation from $100 to $500. It is all so exciting. This forum is a great place to get lots of information, ideas, meet new people with the same goal, share laughter and generally pass the time to Elio ownership. We also have a terrific support staff. You have your work cut out for you if you read all the stuff here because there is lots and lots and lots of it. Read, discuss and enjoy this journey to fulfilling our dreams. Next year in an Elio! :-) Z

TCBronson, Jim H and Steve McKenney like this.
  8. raybonz

raybonz Elio Addict

Hi Steve welcome to the forum !

Ray

TCBronson, Steve McKenney and zelio like this.
  9. Dan Nocher

Dan Nocher New Member

Hi Steve and Ray. I'm gonna try and make it up to Oskosh Fly-In 7/28-8/3 to check the Elio at the show.

10. Jim H

Jim H Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Steve, Welcome to the forum and to the legion of Elio fans

zelio likes this.