• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Doug Clark

Reaction score
Hello! New member, but have been following the Elio for awhile. I am getting used to the new design, and I have my own opinions for a few more changes that I shall keep to myself. However, the new location of the headlights has grown on me, but as I was looking at them, I couldn't help but think that this new design is just begging for LED type headlights. I believe that the design of the car, with LED 's could be quite striking. It would also be for a marker light on the fender. Just my 2 cents!

Doug

vtx04

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Saw the P4 the other day, and was quite impressed. One thing that struck me tho, is the need for some sort of signal light, maybe just forward of the door, that would light with the turn signals, like the BMWs and many other cars. Think it would improve safety. Just my $.02.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saw the P4 the other day, and was quite impressed. One thing that struck me tho, is the need for some sort of signal light, maybe just forward of the door, that would light with the turn signals, like the BMWs and many other cars. Think it would improve safety. Just my $.02.
Is there a chance they will have those lights on the side view mirrors? I haven't seen the Elio so I'm not sure what all it does have other than things Elio Motors has listed. It definitely sounds like a good idea. :-) Z

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Just saw the P4 today at Doubletree hotel in Ontario, CA. and while I liked the p3 version, this latest iteration is more streamline for better wind handling. There will definitely be a p5 in the horizon which will be the pre-production iteration and when I asked what significant change/s will be added, they say the roofline will be increased a bit towards the back for more headroom. How the p5 will look like is anybody's guess but any additional lights placed strategically around the car will be a plus for better visibility. Black is the only color that will do justice on this current version. But that's just me.;)

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Just saw the P4 today at Doubletree hotel in Ontario, CA. and while I liked the p3 version, this latest iteration is more streamline for better wind handling. There will definitely be a p5 in the horizon which will be the pre-production iteration and when I asked what significant change/s will be added, they say the roofline will be increased a bit towards the back for more headroom. How the p5 will look like is anybody's guess but any additional lights placed strategically around the car will be a plus for better visibility. Black is the only color that will do justice on this current version. But that's just me.;)
Thanks for posting that! Do you have any pictures to share? Was Paul Elio there?

Ray

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that! Do you have any pictures to share? Was Paul Elio there?

Ray
Took a lot of pics. The setting however is no different from other venues that they did all around the country so pictures are in Elio Facebook and probably better quality than my cheap camera! No Paul Elio anywhere. The Elio was set up in the parking lot outside of DoubleTree Hotel with 3 or 4 ELIO team members helping and answering questions. I didn't want to spoil the party by asking their financial situations or they may not have the answer that I'm looking for anyway as they are part of the marketing team so I leave it at that and just enjoy my first sight of P4. One thing is sure, the fit and finish of the P4 is excellent, it now have one large wiper blade, it was beautiful inside and the body paneling was very strong. It's got 15 in. wheels up front but the tire at the back is wider. There is also no room to install a wider tires up front due to the wheel covers sized for 15 in. only. I even joked if they will sell the prototypes(P3 and P4) once they are in full production unfortunately the answer is NO. My overall impressions is well...I'm impressed! ;)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Took a lot of pics. The setting however is no different from other venues that they did all around the country so pictures are in Elio Facebook and probably better quality than my cheap camera! No Paul Elio anywhere. The Elio was set up in the parking lot outside of DoubleTree Hotel with 3 or 4 ELIO team members helping and answering questions. I didn't want to spoil the party by asking their financial situations or they may not have the answer that I'm looking for anyway as they are part of the marketing team so I leave it at that and just enjoy my first sight of P4. One thing is sure, the fit and finish of the P4 is excellent, it now have one large wiper blade, it was beautiful inside and the body paneling was very strong. It's got 15 in. wheels up front but the tire at the back is wider. There is also no room to install a wider tires up front due to the wheel covers sized for 15 in. only. I even joked if they will sell the prototypes(P3 and P4) once they are in full production unfortunately the answer is NO. My overall impressions is well...I'm impressed! ;)
You mean we aren't going to get to see you sitting in the Elio? Sigh! I'm so glad to hear such favorable impressions for something that is, after all, a prototype. I have wondered if the back tire was wider because it looks that way. I'm not sure why because I certainly am not an expert, but I like the idea of the wider back tire. Thank you for your input. I'm glad it was worth your trip. It certainly was worth it for me and it didn't cost me a cent because you are the one who went there. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom