• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"elio Makes List Of Top 10 Automotive Startups At La Show"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio makes list of Top 10 Automotive startups at LA Show
$6,800 Trikes Will Get 84 Miles Per Gallon
1-p4020235-1.jpg

1-p4020237-1.jpg

1-p4020238-1.jpg

1-p4020239-1.jpg

MORE PHOTOS

1-p4020244-1.jpg

1-p4020242-1.jpg

1-p4020235-1.jpg

1-p4020237-1.jpg

1-p4020238-1.jpg

1-p4020239-1.jpg

1-p4020241-1.jpg

1-p4020242-1.jpg

1-p4020244-1.jpg

• Image Credit: Copyright 2015 Sebastian Blanco / AOL
profile_placeholder.pngDanny King

The Los Angeles Auto Show's Connected Car Expo (CCE) will tout 10 startups whose amenities range from ride-sharing services to speech-recognition technology to drunk-driving-prevention features. Fortunately, there's also an automaker mixed in there as well, which is kind of appropriate for an auto show. It's Elio, and the company will promote its super-high-MPG three-wheeled vehicles at the show in November.

Elio will tout its street-legal vehicle that will get an estimated 84 miles per gallon. And while such high-MPG vehicles can be expensive, Elio says it will sell the trikes for about $6,800 a pop.

The Louisiana-based company most recently made news on these pages in June when it said it raised over $25 million in crowdfunding investments through its StartEngine page. There was a little hiccup, since the initial total of $25 million included some funny business with some of the investors, the company said. There was a happy ending, however, after the suspect investors were filtered out and that total fell back to about $21 million, Elio climbed back up to its $25 million goal. In all, Elio says it's raised $70 million worth of investments, has taken in $18 million worth of reservations and has attracted a whopping $290 million in vehicle pre-orders.

Elio and partner Comau will build the vehicles in a Shreveport plant formerly used by General Motors. Elio is slated to start building the trikes next year. Take a look at the Auto Show's press release below.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And here's an email I just received in the same bit of information

ELIO_LOGO_R_2328x1144.jpg

September 21, 2015

Hello Coss,

When Paul Elio launched Elio Motors, he didn’t do it for pats on the back or industry accolades. He truly wants to change the world by providing affordable, highly fuel-efficient transportation.

And yet…

It’s still nice to receive some recognition, especially when it comes from one of the most influential auto shows on the planet.

Last week, the Los Angeles Auto Show’s Connected Car Expo named Elio Motors as one of the Top 10 Automotive Industry Startups. The startups were chosen because of their potential to shape the future of the new automotive industry and make vehicles safer, more accessible, and more exciting.

We are honored that the Connected Car Expo recognized Elio Motors’ potential to change the world. As Paul Elio has often said, there are aspects about this project that appeal to just about everyone:

• We have the potential to create thousands of manufacturing jobs here in the United States;
  • If we hit our sales goals over five years, we will reduce oil consumption by 0.35 percent;
  • Affordable transportation can help people on the lower rungs of the economic scale, simply by providing a low-cost way to get to work;
  • Elio owners could see fuel savings of as much as $1,500 per year.
These are just a few of the things likely to have caught the attention of Connected Car Expo judges. We appreciate the recognition. We also appreciate how this honor will be good for our overall visibility. Each of the Top 10 will be on display at the Connected Car Expo, held at the JW Marriott at L.A. Live on Nov. 17, and we will host a media briefing during LA Auto Show media days, either on Nov. 18 or 19.

It’s important that we continue to tell the Elio story. Accolades are nice, but the lives that we will touch through improved mobility, jobs created, and a more conscious and sustainable planet is what keeps us going.

We hope you are equally proud of the accolades we’ve received and also of our mission. Elio Motors is on the right path, in large part because of support from people like you.

The Elio Motors Team

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only "show" I'm interested in is the one with my Elio in my driveway with me at the wheel, and the look of jealously on my screwballs neighbors faces.

Top Bottom