• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors and the BBB

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just read some complaints sent to the Better Business Bureau and while they all basically read the same, at the very bottom the BBB said:

Business response​

05/18/2022
We are answering all emails, including emails from this customer. Please have him send up an email to ************************************* and we can reopen the conversation line. The plan is for customers with reservations to have the choice to go with the electric vehicle, in reservation order, with all reservations and reservation bonuses applied to that purchase.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting indeed, but even if it was true, not many Elio enthusiasts are enthusiastic about electric vehicles. One coud be more enthusiastic about the Elio EV if there was an actual prototype Elio EV Racing around the test track. Dejavu, all over again.
My sentiment exactly. It's much easier and cheaper to buy the SOLO at 15k (plus fees) and find a competent mechanic to convert it into a 3cyl ICE than to wait for an ELIO. Then I won't care that it's a single seater.

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The point is that Elio Motors is at least communicating something. They won't tell us anything, but the BBB has a little pull.
Exactly. Glad to hear they are still alive. All the reasons Paul said gas is the way to go over electric, still holds true today. So I plan to still get the gas version. Plus the price is right. Longer he waits the better the price is, as the way things are going, an Elio may be the same cost as just a fill up at the gas station.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Glad to hear they are still alive. All the reasons Paul said gas is the way to go over electric, still holds true today. So I plan to still get the gas version. Plus the price is right. Longer he waits the better the price is, as the way things are going, an Elio may be the same cost as just a fill up at the gas station.
At a certain point, I stopped believing what Paul said. I tried electric and like it. I haven’t pumped gas in 2 1/2 years. :)

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem with this reasoning is that as demand for gas goes down, availability will go down and price up. There will still be oil but it will be converted to things other than gas. A lot of people don't realize that without oil we would not have asphalt roads or many plastics. So far there isn't a good replacement for oil.
That being said, it will take decades to obsolete gasoline.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem with this reasoning is that as demand for gas goes down, availability will go down and price up. There will still be oil but it will be converted to things other than gas. A lot of people don't realize that without oil we would not have asphalt roads or many plastics. So far there isn't a good replacement for oil.
That being said, it will take decades to obsolete gasoline.
Another point; The electrical grid can't keep up with demand now, especially in winter. What will happen when everyone converts to electric cars?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another point; The electrical grid can't keep up with demand now, especially in winter. What will happen when everyone converts to electric cars?
That is an easy answer. Require every electric vehicle sold to a household to also have solar/wind generators with battery backup. Of course that also will be limited by price and availability. It's coming, maybe in 15 to 20 years.

Top Bottom