• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Blog 4-11-2014

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
http://eliomotors.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/readers-choice-friday/

Readers Choice Friday!

Posted by eliomotors on April 11, 2014
Posted in: Uncategorized. Tagged: Elio, Elio answers, Elio Blog, Readers Choice. Leave a comment
elio7rgb2.jpg

Another great Friday to our Elio Friends and Family! Spring is springing up and people are coming out of their winter hiding with lots of questions for today’s “Readers Choice Friday”. We sorted through the questions and picked some of the more common ones to answer below. Some of your questions will be answered in future planned blogs so stay tuned!

Let’s dive in!

Q: I really want a test drive, when can I get one?

• We are planning a full test drive program similar to what you would do at a new car dealer today. The full-scale test drive program will start with the roll-out of our Elio Stores in the top 60 markets.
Q. I have an All In reservation for ($100, $500, $1000 etc.), when can I get my Elio?

• The reservation system is set up to allow for vehicles to be delivered in the following order: $1,000 All In, $500 All In, $250 All In, $100 All In then on to the $1000 Want In, $500 Want In, $250 Want In and finally the $100 Want In group. The date and time your transaction was completed locks in your spot, which includes moving up to a higher level with and upgrade of your All In reservation. It is difficult to forecast when a certain level will get their Elio. The only one that we can “guesstimate” right now is the $1000 All in group because they know their spot in line. If you were to make a $1000 All In reservation today we are estimating that you would receive a vehicle 5-7 weeks after production starts next year.
Q. When I made my reservation, there wasn’t a spot to pick my color or options… what gives?

• This is a popular question that creates a lot of emails. The reservation gets you a spot in line (and some other benefits) for an Elio. The next fun step will be when you get to actually “make” your Elio! So here is how it is going to work for reservation holders at all levels: about 60 days before your Elio is scheduled to be built you will receive an email that contains a link to your own personal Elio page. On this page you will get to choose what your Elio will be: color, transmission, options… everything! We are even looking into technology that will allow you to see your vehicle with color and options live on the screen as you build it. Once you submit that we will plug it into our build plan and make an Elio especially for you!
Q. How hard is it to change the rear tire?

• It’s not! The rear wheel cover comes off with a couple of clips which reveals the rear tire and swing arm. From there it is just like any other vehicle, jack it up, undo and remove the tire, put the working tire up and reverse the steps. Viola, tire changed with maybe 4 minutes extra time invested.
Thanks for everyone that sent in questions, there were A LOT of them (note: most from Friday 4/11 will be addressed on the next Readers Choice blog).

elio5rgb2.jpg

Here is the upcoming Preview Tour schedule:

• April 11-13 – Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, West Palm Beach, Florida; 9067 Southern Blvd – Just Inside Gate 2
  • April 22 – Nashville, TN area, location TBA
  • April 24 – Oklahoma City, OK area, location TBA
Thank you for your continued support!

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was such a huge disappointment. I submitted several excellent questions that they must have addressed if they are going to go into production next year, but all they did was parrot things that are already addressed on their web site. I was just about ready to pull the "all in" trigger, however this has made me back off.

Reactions: Ty

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://eliomotors.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/readers-choice-friday/

Readers Choice Friday!

Posted by eliomotors on April 11, 2014
Posted in: Uncategorized. Tagged: Elio, Elio answers, Elio Blog, Readers Choice. Leave a comment
elio7rgb2.jpg

Another great Friday to our Elio Friends and Family! Spring is springing up and people are coming out of their winter hiding with lots of questions for today’s “Readers Choice Friday”. We sorted through the questions and picked some of the more common ones to answer below. Some of your questions will be answered in future planned blogs so stay tuned!

Let’s dive in!

Q: I really want a test drive, when can I get one?

• We are planning a full test drive program similar to what you would do at a new car dealer today. The full-scale test drive program will start with the roll-out of our Elio Stores in the top 60 markets.
Q. I have an All In reservation for ($100, $500, $1000 etc.), when can I get my Elio?

• The reservation system is set up to allow for vehicles to be delivered in the following order: $1,000 All In, $500 All In, $250 All In, $100 All In then on to the $1000 Want In, $500 Want In, $250 Want In and finally the $100 Want In group. The date and time your transaction was completed locks in your spot, which includes moving up to a higher level with and upgrade of your All In reservation. It is difficult to forecast when a certain level will get their Elio. The only one that we can “guesstimate” right now is the $1000 All in group because they know their spot in line. If you were to make a $1000 All In reservation today we are estimating that you would receive a vehicle 5-7 weeks after production starts next year.
Q. When I made my reservation, there wasn’t a spot to pick my color or options… what gives?

• This is a popular question that creates a lot of emails. The reservation gets you a spot in line (and some other benefits) for an Elio. The next fun step will be when you get to actually “make” your Elio! So here is how it is going to work for reservation holders at all levels: about 60 days before your Elio is scheduled to be built you will receive an email that contains a link to your own personal Elio page. On this page you will get to choose what your Elio will be: color, transmission, options… everything! We are even looking into technology that will allow you to see your vehicle with color and options live on the screen as you build it. Once you submit that we will plug it into our build plan and make an Elio especially for you!
Q. How hard is it to change the rear tire?

• It’s not! The rear wheel cover comes off with a couple of clips which reveals the rear tire and swing arm. From there it is just like any other vehicle, jack it up, undo and remove the tire, put the working tire up and reverse the steps. Viola, tire changed with maybe 4 minutes extra time invested.
Thanks for everyone that sent in questions, there were A LOT of them (note: most from Friday 4/11 will be addressed on the next Readers Choice blog).

elio5rgb2.jpg

Here is the upcoming Preview Tour schedule:

• April 11-13 – Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, West Palm Beach, Florida; 9067 Southern Blvd – Just Inside Gate 2
  • April 22 – Nashville, TN area, location TBA
  • April 24 – Oklahoma City, OK area, location TBA
Thank you for your continued support!
Well Goofyone, I think one of my "guesses was right that EM will take the web route and do the ordering "online" at least for reservation holders! It's efficient and convenient...pick your options which are priced accordingly, add to your "cart or basket" and when the total price is what you're comfortable paying, click buy or order. This may also mean that our initial "all in" deposit will be deducted automatically at checkout. I guess this means that my very own ELIO will come out of the factory fully assembled! This answer our questions of whether the options will be installed at the dealership or as they say, distribution center. I also like their idea of seeing my ELIO being built as I add or remove the options to my liking before committing to buy. ;)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was such a huge disappointment. I submitted several excellent questions that they must have addressed if they are going to go into production next year, but all they did was parrot things that are already addressed on their web site. I was just about ready to pull the "all in" trigger, however this has made me back off.
Same here.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed one statement included in this blog:
On this page you will get to choose what your Elio will be: color, transmission, options… everything!

Transmission is listed separately from options. So there is still hope that the automatic transmission is part of the regular package. As far as I know, the web page still implies that. I haven't checked today but I will. LOL :-) Z

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed one statement included in this blog:
On this page you will get to choose what your Elio will be: color, transmission, options… everything!

Transmission is listed separately from options. So there is still hope that the automatic transmission is part of the regular package. As far as I know, the web page still implies that. I haven't checked today but I will. LOL :) Z
I do not have first or second hand knowledge, so consider the source. That being said, I don't want you to get your hopes up, so still assume there is a small (around $300-400) upcharge for the auto transmission.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not have first or second hand knowledge, so consider the source. That being said, I don't want you to get your hopes up, so still assume there is a small (around $300-400) upcharge for the auto transmission.
It would be nice to know.

Top Bottom