• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slight delay. It seems schedules didn't line up. Do not panic!

February 4, 2015

Dear John,

We wanted to give you advance notification, prior to the media being advised, that we are rescheduling the date for the official engine unveiling originally scheduled for Feb. 6 due to several key stakeholders having immovable scheduling conflicts. We are currently working with the key partners and the facility to quickly confirm a new date and will advise you accordingly.

Thank you for your support.

The Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a shame for EM as it will, at least temporarily, lead to more questions and doubting even though what I have heard via back-channels is that the engine actually performed better than expected during the dyno runs last last week.
Yeah. I'm sure there was someone they REALLY want to be there. I can't imagine they would delay very long though. It would seem that time is of the essence or however that phrase goes. They need to get that engine worked out soon.

Of course, there will be a camp that thinks "The engine failed so they are covering this up till they can get another one cast." I'm not in that camp. But, I do hope they reveal it soon.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if they need a replacement engine they can always borrow the one from my car:

SCage.jpg

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sure there was someone they REALLY want to be there. I can't imagine they would delay very long though. It would seem that time is of the essence or however that phrase goes. They need to get that engine worked out soon.

Of course, there will be a camp that thinks "The engine failed so they are covering this up till they can get another one cast." I'm not in that camp. But, I do hope they reveal it soon.

I'm guessing Bill Gates has the measles...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I very much like the fact that they notified us before the media. That was considerate. Last time, people were unhappy that EM notified the media before they notified us, the reservation holders. Perhaps EM were listening.

Wouldn't it be great if by "stakeholders" they meant they had new investors who wanted to be there. Existing "stakeholders" would have known about this for a long time and accommodated it in their schedule. But new investors?

I will not get my hopes up.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering the engine unveiling date was planned well in advance I hope this delay was caused by a DOE meeting about the ATVM loan popping up unexpectedly as that would definitely be one of the better reasons for changing the date on this event. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not tell us that then?

My guess is that it is considered confidential as EM has actually never told us about any meetings with the DOE. The only reason we know about some of them is that several times indirect information has come out later on pointing to DOE meetings.

Just to clarify I do not know that this is what happened just posting some speculation as to a good reason for moving this event date.

Top Bottom