• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Facebook Comments

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of facebook but occasionally I get sucked into looking at the elio site there. Today I was noticing quite a trend when looking at the personal descriptions of the folks that post such well informed and thought out comments such as "garbage", "junk", etc.

In the interest of not offending anyone I'll let you folks that frequent fb comment if I happened to hit a lucky day or if there really is a common pattern to the employment and education advertised by those folks.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Care to elaborate on specific patterns? I don't look at it much as its usually the same crap and i get enough doom and gloom here.

First off, I hate facebook and only visit it occasionally often weeks or months after the horror of my last visit fades from memory. To me it is a stream of consciousness that I have trouble negotiating to find stuff that I know is there. I end up clicking down threads for hours trying to find something useful among the large amount of repetitive regurgitation and usually just go away wondering why I wasted more of my life there.

However, this time as I was drifting past some of the nastier short comments I noticed that as my mouse hovered over the poster's name I sometimes got more information about that poster. Clearly not everybody provides a ton of information about themselves (I know I wouldn't) but for the posters that did provide that information I noticed what appeared to be people that described themselves as having some technical education and were often self employed.

My sampling was likely less than 20 posters and I'd bet some of those were repeats so it was a very small sample that clearly isn't enough to make any real observations about but enough to peak my curiosity. Since I can't stomach to endure too much of facebook I sent this solicitation out to those that do frequent facebook to see if they have observed similar or other behavioral patterns there.

Again I repeat, this is not meant to be judgmental, just curiosity regarding some of the behaviors that people see on facebook.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First off, I hate facebook and only visit it occasionally often weeks or months after the horror of my last visit fades from memory. To me it is a stream of consciousness that I have trouble negotiating to find stuff that I know is there. I end up clicking down threads for hours trying to find something useful among the large amount of repetitive regurgitation and usually just go away wondering why I wasted more of my life there.

However, this time as I was drifting past some of the nastier short comments I noticed that as my mouse hovered over the poster's name I sometimes got more information about that poster. Clearly not everybody provides a ton of information about themselves (I know I wouldn't) but for the posters that did provide that information I noticed what appeared to be people that described themselves as having some technical education and were often self employed.

My sampling was likely less than 20 posters and I'd bet some of those were repeats so it was a very small sample that clearly isn't enough to make any real observations about but enough to peak my curiosity. Since I can't stomach to endure too much of facebook I sent this solicitation out to those that do frequent facebook to see if they have observed similar or other behavioral patterns there.

Again I repeat, this is not meant to be judgmental, just curiosity regarding some of the behaviors that people see on facebook.

Sound like you think they are professional trolls and or slackers with nothing better to do.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aw, c'mon. Go ahead and say what you're dancing around. Get out of the politically correct rut. Be judgemental just once. Make a generalized statement, without even prefacing it with a littany of qualifiers. Break free of the fear of offending!
If you're still hesitant, I'll offer some suggestins and you tell me if I'm close, that way you didn't actually SAY anything.
1) maybe they are unemployed loosers with nothing to do who make up technical sounding titles to pad their pathetically empty facebook resumes?
2) maybe they're basement-dwelling mama's boys who make up technical training that really means 'I play video games all day long' and am self-employed as an aspiring 'pro-gammer' instead of getting a better job than the pizza-pit?
3) ITT graduate with a certificate that's actually worthless paper, except as a facebook hit-man so they can showcase their daring 'keyboard-warrior' talents, now up for hire on the 'Nerd of Fortune' website. Ready to take on that undercover job as a virtual flash-mob vigilante, or pro e-stalker for rent? Still waiting for that email to the top-secret account......
Anything close? C'mon offend someone, it's LIBERATING!

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have noticed a few things on Elio's Facebook post that sort of concern me.
One, other than a new location that the car can be seen on, there is really no new information. It seems like they are re posting the same information over and over. It may be in a different format but it is still a re post.

Then second area of concern is the amount negative remarks such as "this thing will never get built" and "Elio should be offering refunds for failing to deliver" and so on are on the rise. Many of these posts claim to be from people that have put down deposits one or even 2 years ago. It seems like the level of frustration over the constant delays is really taking a toll. I have also noticed that the amount of re assurance post that have been done in the past from the people of Elio saying that "it will get built" and not to worry about it. Have gone down.

I know this could be because they are tired of answering they same sort of posts over and over again, but it is possible too that even the people at Elio are in doubt.

Ether way, the negative feelings seem to be on the rise. I hope that doesn't affect production. I am thinking that another setback could be really devastating for the company. If nothing else than from a public relations stand point.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
When Elio wants a change in opinion they will have to change themselves.
People aren't kids, they can read and see how things have gone the last few years.

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I must admit that my confidence is waning! I am no longer "Sure" that I will be driving one in 2016. I will if they go on sale, but I have a feeling another postponement will be coming before 2016.

I wounder if my "reservation" is something I could leave my great great grand kids! They may really like this car. My oldest child is 7

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of negative posts, not only on FB, but in this forum as well. The negative posts on FB seem to be more geared toward to the totally ignorant posters that say things like "it's a coffin on wheels", or "the whole thing is nothing but a scam", those who just don't know much about the Elio yet and are making ill-informed judgments about the vehicle...the negative posts I'm seeing in this forum are geared more towards the seemingly endless delays of the start production dates...IMO, Elio needs to do something (something besides what they're currently doing) to curb this wave of negativity or they're going to have a full fledged mutiny of their hands...that can't be good for business...

Top Bottom