• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Moves Closer To Production After Securing Former Gm Plant

The D'Elio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ultra-Efficient Elio Moves Closer To Production After Securing Shreveport Louisiana Plant

Elio-Motors-Elio-720x340.jpg

Elio Motors, named after its founder, Paul Elio, has announced plans to build their quirky, three-wheeled, super-efficient vehicle in the old General Motors plant in Shreveport, Louisiana. The Shreveport plant was home to most of GM’s compact pickups including the S-10 and most recently, the Colorado and Canyon.

Elio’s founder described his car as “the next big thing in transportation.” The car will cost just $6, 800 when it goes on sale and despite the low price, will offer 3 airbags. Elio is reportedly aiming for a 5-star safety rating for the vehicle.

The Elio will be powered by a 1.0 liter, three-cylinder, 70 horsepower engine capable of delivering up to 84 mpg. A figure of around 49 mpg in the city is expected when the Elio receives its official rating from the EPA.

Elio began taking pre-orders for the car in December and according to The Detroit Bureau, have already logged more than 1, 000 orders. Elio Motors plans to have the car in production by the fourth quarter of this year, with the first deliveries taking place sometime in 2015.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/02...ing-shreveport-louisiana-plant/#ixzz2tE8KuNSC

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/02...on-after-securing-shreveport-louisiana-plant/

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you got your facts, but I got my reservation in November 2013, and there were already 4300 reservation before me, so obviously they were taking reservations long before December. I also don't think it will have 70 hp, more like 55-60 hp. Anyway, time will tell.

Top Bottom