• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio News Posts Suggestion

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I find it a little difficult to tell what others have posted without opening every post in the news section. I want to make sure that I'm not posting something that is already up (which I've already done once) but it takes a while to check.

I think a tagging system would work well. Something like:

[SITENAME-YYYYMMDD] POSTNAMEWHATEVER

This would make it easy to, at a glance, see if what you're about to post is already there.

(If there's an easy way to check for this already then please ignore lol)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Except, make it [YYYMMDD - SITENAME] -- that way, it'd be easier to sort by date of post. Just my opinion, of course. Moderators, what do you think? A little standardization in the news section? I'll abide by whatever rule gets put there... Maybe rename the section like - "Elio News, Please Post using this format: YYYMMDD - Site name, Link to original story"... Or something... Just standard.

Good idea, Doni.

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Ah yes.. Date first would make much more sense. And you wouldn't have to necessarily edit the title of the section, how do you feel about a sticky post named, "Read before posting". I just don't want you to have to change the name of the section for that one rule if you might be adding others.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah yes.. Date first would make much more sense. And you wouldn't have to necessarily edit the title of the section, how do you feel about a sticky post named, "Read before posting". I just don't want you to have to change the name of the section for that one rule if you might be adding others.
I didn't think about a sticky post... Still kind of new to forums...

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New
I find it a little difficult to tell what others have posted without opening every post in the news section. I want to make sure that I'm not posting something that is already up (which I've already done once) but it takes a while to check.

This would make it easy to, at a glance, see if what you're about to post is already there.

Click on the Search Forums tab and enter the keyword of your thread or post and hit search. You will get a list of all posts with that word. If after reading the choices you do not find the subject you wish to post then post your new comment/idea.
I hope this helps. :)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New

Click on the Search Forums tab and enter the keyword of your thread or post and hit search. You will get a list of all posts with that word. If after reading the choices you do not find the subject you wish to post then post your new comment/idea.
I hope this helps. :)
It hasn't been done yet but we talked about doing just that. I post news events starting with the date of the article, show, etc. YYYYMMDD SITE, ARTICLE NAME. That way, you can see what was posted each day.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It hasn't been done yet but we talked about doing just that. I post news events starting with the date of the article, show, etc. YYYYMMDD SITE, ARTICLE NAME. That way, you can see what was posted each day.
I do that only I never think of year first so date them mmddyyyy. How would we post undated articles? There have been more than a few of those. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom