• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio P5 At Detroit Auto Show

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe this thread will serve for those who visit to post their comments and impressions.

I had the good fortune to pay a visit as the auto show was getting ready for Press Week. Elio Motors has a terrific location for this show! They are located on the main concourse, across from Hall B where the Chevy exhibit is front and center.

You cannot get to Hall B from either direction without seeing the Elio!
If you are looking at the Elio pic below, and turn 90 degrees clockwise, this is what you'd see:

7960-dd34db8ba1346860035ce1cb6e3a8b6c.jpg

Here it is, while they build the show around it! (I took a lot of highly detailed shots of the car which I will post as appropriate)

_DSC0452.jpg

Attachments

• 20160107_103656.jpg
    20160107_103656.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
any noticeable changes/upgrades/modifications since the LA Show
Minor stuff, such as closing off the gaping hole behind the pedals. The trunk area is much more tidy than it was in P4 -- I will post pictures, have to figure out where to put 'em, as my portfolio gallery is restricted to fine art photos at this time.

What's not so nice is the stuff they DIDN'T get to -- rear seat still hard as a rock, trunk latch protrudes messily into trunk compartment, wipers non-operational, so forth. But while I was there the car was creating a buzz even among the workmen building the booth next door. Also, the car benefits from good natural light as well as overhead lighting. (not so easy for photography, but it LOOKS good).

Here's one photo I'll share now -- the SEG isn't totally natural to me, but easy to do in an Elio. Jerome took this shot for me! (He asked me to take one of the two of us, which I did using a remote shutter for the camera. It sure shows how small the car really is!)
_DSC0476Eric driving (square).jpg

_DSC0483.jpg

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Minor stuff, such as closing off the gaping hole behind the pedals. The trunk area is much more tidy than it was in P4 -- I will post pictures, have to figure out where to put 'em, as my portfolio gallery is restricted to fine art photos at this time.

What's not so nice is the stuff they DIDN'T get to -- rear seat still hard as a rock, trunk latch protrudes messily into trunk compartment, wipers non-operational, so forth. But while I was there the car was creating a buzz even among the workmen building the booth next door. Also, the car benefits from good natural light as well as overhead lighting. (not so easy for photography, but it LOOKS good).

Here's one photo I'll share now -- the SEG isn't totally natural to me, but easy to do in an Elio. Jerome took this shot for me! (He asked me to take one of the two of us, which I did using a remote shutter for the camera. It sure shows how small the car really is!)View attachment 7961

View attachment 7962

Good stuff to hear, thanks for the update!

Nice update for the avatar also!

That is the one thing I have noticed on everybody that sits in, or even more so, drives the Elio, is the BIG grins that are shown. It obviously can not be helped, because all seem to be infected with the joy of sitting in that front seat!

I hope to hear/see plenty of new updates in this thread.

:bounce:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Here's one photo I'll share now -- the SEG isn't totally natural to me, but easy to do in an Elio. Jerome took this shot for me! (He asked me to take one of the two of us, which I did using a remote shutter for the camera. It sure shows how small the car really is!)View attachment 7961

View attachment 7962

thanks, info appreciated

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
" -- the SEG isn't totally natural to me, but easy to do in an Elio"
What is SEG?
If it was SAG (Sit And Grin) it shows all over your face. :becky: Even your eyes are smiling (can't blame you either, I'd be doing the same)

As for posting pictures, just use something like the free account at Photobucket <---link

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" -- the SEG isn't totally natural to me, but easy to do in an Elio"
What is SEG?
If it was SAG (Sit And Grin) it shows all over your face. :becky: Even your eyes are smiling (can't blame you either, I'd be doing the same)

As for posting pictures, just use something like the free account at Photobucket <---link
I'm assuming SEG is $4!T eating grin.....and thanks for the info and pics Eric!!

Top Bottom