• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Snow Video Now On Youtube

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Edited:

Let the complaining begin about how little snow there was.

For me, those streets in the video are about as bad as it gets around the Connecticut River Valley as we are used to snow, so even if we get 12" in a storm, the roads get plowed often enough that I never see more than 2" of unplowed snow on the roads. This year was the first in a while where I drove on about 4-6" unplowed snow at the peak of a storm.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a marketing video so of course they are going to show the vehicle in ideal winter driving conditions. I am sure people will complain about the plowed roads but come on people did you really think they would produce a sales video in extreme winter driving conditions?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really wouldnt take it out in much snow. I can't believe the traction would be great, even though it is technically the same single drive wheel system as in most rear wheel drive vehicles. At least with a car, once the single tire spins, the other stabilizes it. It this case, I think tirespin would lead to some quick fishtailing. Then again, it might be fun on a frozen lake...

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really wouldnt take it out in much snow. I can't believe the traction would be great, even though it is technically the same single drive wheel system as in most rear wheel drive vehicles. At least with a car, once the single tire spins, the other stabilizes it. It this case, I think tirespin would lead to some quick fishtailing. Then again, it might be fun on a frozen lake...
It might fishtail, but ESC has been mentioned, so it might be minimal. I will take this out in all the same weather my Civic goes out in, I put snows (non-studded) on my cars in the winter though.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Except, like most front wheel drives, it won't fishtale very much.

Top Bottom