• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Speed

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Early on the Elio's top speed was advertised to be 108 mph. Considering the vehicles' low drag coefficient, it might be possible with a driver the size of an 8-yr old, running before a light breeze.

The real note here is that you might need a long running start to achieve that speed . . . given the available torque and the high ratio final drive that would make that possible. There have been several small, highly efficient cars that achieved their top speed in fourth gear rather than their overdrive fifth.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what speed the Elio has achieved to date? 84 mph ?
Good question ! I have been waiting for some official engineering test video's. I assume they have had an Elio on a track at some point, but I have not seen any footage. One thing Elio Motors could do right now is upload some new videos. Not to expensive to do. One person with a camera, one in an Elio.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last quote I heard, was reportedly from Jerome and was quite a while ago.
No real-life specs have ever been reported. Jerome's quote was from a simulation and was 81mpg.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might be able to improve the Cd of your Elio by adding an air dam, undertray and side skirts, then cranking down the ride height with the adjustable coilovers (if they'll still be available). Percentagewise you may not gain much, and you'll be replacing a lot of fiberglass every week or so, as you scrape critical parts off at the bottom of driveways. So as your wallet gets lighter, your budget for engine mods will be necessarily limited. Besides, those mods will cut your fuel efficiency. Nobody ever said speed was easy . . . .

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Who was the last one to drive a prototype to a speed or distance that would give you real world MPG or MP?
I don't think anyone has, or has take the time to check (or a prototype)
In one of the video's, someone was in the Red one doing what could be considered a point A to B and really doing flat out speeds.
But I don't think that was the reason way; I think it was just a photo shoot, the didn't want to scrub the "NEW" off of the tires.

I don't know if anyone has it planned, or on their schedule. .......:eek:
I think it's time to knock on the door and see if anyone is home ..... ;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who was the last one to drive a prototype to a speed or distance that would give you real world MPG or MP?
I don't think anyone has, or has take the time to check (or a prototype)
In one of the video's, someone was in the Red one doing what could be considered a point A to B and really doing flat out speeds.
But I don't think that was the reason way; I think it was just a photo shoot, the didn't want to scrub the "NEW" off of the tires.

I don't know if anyone has it planned, or on their schedule. .......:eek:
I think it's time to knock on the door and see if anyone is home ..... ;)
EMV did. At the track last year.
EMV has also put over well over 4000 Km on one of the Solos in the last six months.

Top Bottom