• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Spot On Local Nbc Channel, Knoxville, Tn

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always watch the morning local news before I go to work, but this morning I got a shock. Out of the blue, the local news crew did a short spot on the Elio. I almost spit my coffee out when it came on! I searched for a link on their site to post here, but there was not one available. I've requested one from them and will post it if they provide it. I thought this was strange since the Elio has not been in this area since 3/4/14 (the day I first heard of the Elio) and no showings are listed on the website in the future.

Last edited:

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was quick. They responded. This is great news! If NBC is sending this to all their affiliates, many are likely to use the story for filler on a slow news day. Here's what they sent:

The video we received is from NBC’s consumer segment. We normally do not post those stories to our web page. I have found the script that was sent to us from NBC. It is listed below, I hope it helps.
A CAR COMPANY IS ABOUT TO RELEASE A NEW HIGH MILAGE CAR AT A LOW PRICE.

ELIO MOTORS CLAIMS ITS THREE WHEEL VEHICLE GETS 84 MILES PER GALLON HIGHWAY AND SELLS FOR A BASE PRICE OF $68-HUNDRED DOLLARS.

THE TWO SEAT CAR, WHICH ELIO HASN'T NAMED, IS POWERED BY A 3 CYLINDER, 55 HORSEPOWER ENGINE.

COMPANY EXECS SAY THEY'VE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP THE PRICE OF THE CAR DOWN BY KEEPING THE DESIGN AND FEATURES SIMPLE AND BY USING PARTS MADE BY ESTABLISHED AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIERS.

ELIO PLANS TO RELEASE THE CAR IN THE UNITED STATES IN SEPTEMBER OF 2015.
Brian Barger
Executive Producer

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was quick. They responded. This is great news! If NBC is sending this to all their affiliates, many are likely to use the story for filler on a slow news day. Here's what they sent:

The video we received is from NBC’s consumer segment. We normally do not post those stories to our web page. I have found the script that was sent to us from NBC. It is listed below, I hope it helps.
A CAR COMPANY IS ABOUT TO RELEASE A NEW HIGH MILAGE CAR AT A LOW PRICE.

ELIO MOTORS CLAIMS ITS THREE WHEEL VEHICLE GETS 84 MILES PER GALLON HIGHWAY AND SELLS FOR A BASE PRICE OF $68-HUNDRED DOLLARS.

THE TWO SEAT CAR, WHICH ELIO HASN'T NAMED, IS POWERED BY A 3 CYLINDER, 55 HORSEPOWER ENGINE.

COMPANY EXECS SAY THEY'VE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP THE PRICE OF THE CAR DOWN BY KEEPING THE DESIGN AND FEATURES SIMPLE AND BY USING PARTS MADE BY ESTABLISHED AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIERS.

ELIO PLANS TO RELEASE THE CAR IN THE UNITED STATES IN SEPTEMBER OF 2015.
Brian Barger
Executive Producer
One more thing. Since it appears NBC sent this to all their affiliates, we know they have video and script in hand. Please contact your local NBC affiliate and ask......no BEG them to run the story!

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One more thing. Since it appears NBC sent this to all their affiliates, we know they have video and script in hand. Please contact your local NBC affiliate and ask......no BEG them to run the story!
I was also surprised a day ago when I went to the accuweather website to check local weather and there was an elio ad right next to the weather!

I think the closer we get to launch date the more spots like this we will see. Get as much free advertisement as possible. Need more public awareness.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was also surprised a day ago when I went to the accuweather website to check local weather and there was an elio ad right next to the weather!
It's probably one of those ads like google's that targets YOU according to your browsing history. After I went to the EM site and viewed a few Elio videos, I've had the same elio ad following me everywhere I browse. Not knocking it at all, just saying.

Top Bottom