• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eliocoin Is Very Puzzling.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ElioCoin is very puzzling.

OK, we all know ElioCoin is a “security token offering”, otherwise known as a STO.

By definition, the value of ElioCoin should be collateralized by the value of Elio Motors assets and/or sales revenues.

But what actual assets does Elio Motors currently have? They certainly don’t have any sales revenue. And one can assume they’ve already spent most of the non-refundable deposit money.

Do they have any valuable patents?

It’s my understanding that Elio Motors has lots of debt, and almost no cash.

ElioCoin seems to make no sense. How can it have any real value?

Maybe that’s why there’s never any objective ElioCoin news.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the speculative articles addressing the successful launch of tZero's trading platform last month hold any merit, then 60+ legal entities are waiting in line to go public with an STO, with Elio Motors allegedly being first in the queue.

I would think that implies we would all get to see some progressive steps being taken in the fundraising realm, but tZero's transparency and Elio Motors' public accountability have each been shady at best up to this point.

Given that for a period of about six months, the ElioCoin token securities would only be made available to accredited individuals and institutional investment firms, I question whether there would be any public statements regarding the ongoing status of the offering until it became open to the general public for investment this Summer. While I hesitate to remain hopeful and optimistic that the dream has not yet dissolved, the pragmatist in me isn't really expecting to read any news about the ElioCoin for quite some time.

The next SEC-mandated annual report for the period ending 12/31/2018 is expected to be released in the May/June timeframe while the restricted access STO sale would still be ongoing, so would likely not be commented on officially.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Karg, you are wrong. Elio never promised to make a car. It's an AUTOCYCLE! Pay attention. Your fortune telling skills are worthless if you don't pay attention to the details. Will Elio succeed? I don't know. I hope so. I won't predict success or failure based on the information currently available. I also won't listen to those that think they have all the answers. Invariably they are wrong.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But what actual assets does Elio Motors currently have?
$20,157,188

Do they have any valuable patents?
No patents

It’s my understanding that Elio Motors has lots of debt, and almost no cash.
Debt: $99,166,669
Cash: $339,712

ElioCoin seems to make no sense. How can it have any real value?
Through the current assets and future profits.

Please read the SEC filings on the Elio Motors Website. They have lots of information and can answer many questions.
https://ir.eliomotors.com/all-sec-filings#document-380-0001140361-18-042917

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Debt: $99,166,669
Cash: $339,712

Thanks!

I had no idea that Elio Motors has accumulated almost $100 million in debt.

After spending almost $100 million, it’s hard to understand why Elio Motors does not have a finished production ready fleet of test vehicles.

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I’m attempting to understand the underlying value of ElioCoin, another question popped into my head today.

Would it not be true that the ElioCoin STO offering would be dilutive to the current Elio Motors stock holders?

It would seem that ElioCoin would lower the value of Elio stock.

Each Elio Motors stockholder would own a smaller percentage of Elio Motors as a result of ElioCoin sales.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

I had no idea that Elio Motors has accumulated almost $100 million in debt.

After spending almost $100 million, it’s hard to understand why Elio Motors does not have a finished production ready fleet of test vehicles.
Best thing to do is sit down for a while and go to the beginning of the SEC filings and go from there. It will answer lots of questions and bring up as many new ones. They have them back to 2015 and it takes some time but is a great way to get up to speed with Elio.
As I’m attempting to understand the underlying value of ElioCoin, another question popped into my head today.

Would it not be true that the ElioCoin STO offering would be dilutive to the current Elio Motors stock holders?

It would seem that ElioCoin would lower the value of Elio stock.

Each Elio Motors stockholder would own a smaller percentage of Elio Motors as a result of ElioCoin sales.

It all depends on what they do. We just need to wait for the SEC filings that will explain it. until then, it's just a guess. Since Elio will be following the SEC guidelines we do not have to worry about anything being done without us knowing it. When I mean us, I mean people that actually read those reports. If you don't it's your own fault if things don't work the way you wanted them too.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best thing to do is sit down for a while and go to the beginning of the SEC filings and go from there. It will answer lots of questions and bring up as many new ones. They have them back to 2015 and it takes some time but is a great way to get up to speed with Elio.

It all depends on what they do. We just need to wait for the SEC filings that will explain it. until then, it's just a guess. Since Elio will be following the SEC guidelines we do not have to worry about anything being done without us knowing it. When I mean us, I mean people that actually read those reports. If you don't it's your own fault if things don't work the way you wanted them too.
I would discourage that SEC Filing getting up to speed reading time. Very depressing.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the op is overlooking one important thing, the ElioCoin is as worthwhile as stock would be. I own Netflix stock but I don't get a free membership nor am I on payroll. Stock, beyond the ipo, is worthless to the company. It's just people like myself gambling on the future. Crypto currency is useless real world as well.

Intangible and tangible goods are very different.

Top Bottom