• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Email From Elio Motors!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This from FEOOA: "Hello Jeffrey, Thanks so much for reaching out. We are currently in funding mode. We are working on multiple funding threads so we are not dependent on one funding source. As we make progress we will keep out supporters informed! Best, The Elio Team."

OK, let's post all email or IM from Elio Motor's here.

See...listen to the investors here of Apple, Tesla, and Keurig...Elio Motors is the next big thing! How can everyone not see the writing on the wall? I think the skeptics are going miss the launch of the Elio Rocket...buying more shares tomorrow for under $6 possibly...GO ELIO!!! GO AUTOCYCLE LEGISLATION...the Billion Dollar elephant in the room!!!

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These are my condensed, edited, and omitted past conversations. I omitted my more recent funding questions, because nothing new has been revealed to me, and it is not the fun stuff. May we will all find the big question answered to our liking soon.

5/12/16
"Thanks for reaching out to us.
The ground clearance is 5.75" which is consistent with other vehicles on the road such as the Toyota Corolla, the Honda Accord EX and even the Mercedes S550. Given our ground clearance, potholes and speed bumps or steep inclines will be no problem! We are currently in the process of doing extensive simulated vehicle testing (this accounts for much of today’s vehicle testing). More information will be provided as we near the start of production."

5/27/16
"Thank you for reaching out to us!
We appreciate you taking the survey and providing us with great feedback! Our plan is to have an extensive “after-sale” options program that will include roof racks, cruise control, back up camera, body modifications, tons of interior comforts etc. The trailer hitch and trailer will have to come from the aftermarket if there is enough demand (which there seems to be) but will not be an Elio after sale part. We have not finalized the towing capacity of the vehicle. While these details including cost are currently being finalized on our end, we will provide more of these details when we get closer to the start of production."

9/19/16
I used home AC filters by cutting them to size and framing, to filter the return air in my class 8 truck cabin. It worked quite well. Since Red-Dot is currently working on the Elio AC, I wanted to mention this. Tesla, on the other hand... https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/blog/putting-tesla-hepa-filter-and-bioweapon-defense-mode-to-the-test
We will forward your message to the proper department.
Thanks again for the heads up!
Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team"

10/11/16 (condensed)
Hello Elio. Over at ElioOwners.com there was a thread called, " Elio. Car With A Hernia." , referring to the bulge created for the exhaust pipe. I was thinking, uh oh, that since there is an interior bulge created for the shifter and emergency brake, maybe a tweak to the unibody frame would allow the exhaust to run along the same line with no bulge.
This could possibly allow a simpler smoother design, better heat dissipation, and a lower manufacture cost.
I am really looking forward to seeing a finalized ELIO.
"Your request (101313) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email."

4/22/17
Yesterday an enthusiast started an Elio petition.
Help fund Elio Motors to build fuel efficient auto-cycles. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
I do not see this getting 99,999 signatures in a month. I am wondering if you might want to start one, as you have a substantial mailing list.
"Thanks so much for passing it along Booboo- the passion of our supporters is incredible and we can't tell you how much we appreciate it!"

4/23/17
Just a thought.
Looking at E1C pictures. The windshield does not go below the plane of the hood.
A hidden wiper might reduce drag ?
Maybe a little longer windshield, or a little longer hood, or a flare up end on the hood, or together, could do the trick to make the parked wiper hidden ?
"Thanks for the great feedback Booboo- we truly appreciate it!"

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These are my condensed, edited, and omitted past conversations. I omitted my more recent funding questions, because nothing new has been revealed to me, and it is not the fun stuff. May we will all find the big question answered to our liking soon.

5/12/16
The ground clearance is 5.75" which is consistent with other vehicles on the road such as the Toyota Corolla, the Honda Accord EX and even the Mercedes S550. Given our ground clearance, potholes and speed bumps or steep inclines will be no problem! We are currently in the process of doing extensive simulated vehicle testing (this accounts for much of today’s vehicle testing). More information will be provided as we near the start of production."

5/27/16
"Thank you for reaching out to us!
We appreciate you taking the survey and providing us with great feedback! Our plan is to have an extensive “after-sale” options program that will include roof racks, cruise control, back up camera, body modifications, tons of interior comforts etc. The trailer hitch and trailer will have to come from the aftermarket if there is enough demand (which there seems to be) but will not be an Elio after sale part. We have not finalized the towing capacity of the vehicle. While these details including cost are currently being finalized on our end, we will provide more of these details when we get closer to the start of production."

9/19/16
I used home AC filters by cutting them to size and framing, to filter the return air in my class 8 truck cabin. It worked quite well. Since Red-Dot is currently working on the Elio AC, I wanted to mention this. Tesla, on the other hand... https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/blog/putting-tesla-hepa-filter-and-bioweapon-defense-mode-to-the-test
We will forward your message to the proper department.
Thanks again for the heads up!
Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team"

10/11/16 (condensed)
Hello Elio. Over at ElioOwners.com there was a thread called, " Elio. Car With A Hernia." , referring to the bulge created for the exhaust pipe. I was thinking, uh oh, that since there is an interior bulge created for the shifter and emergency brake, maybe a tweak to the unibody frame would allow the exhaust to run along the same line with no bulge.
This could possibly allow a simpler smoother design, better heat dissipation, and a lower manufacture cost.
I am really looking forward to seeing a finalized ELIO.
"Your request (101313) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email."

4/22/17
Yesterday an enthusiast started an Elio petition.
Help fund Elio Motors to build fuel efficient auto-cycles. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
I do not see this getting 99,999 signatures in a month. I am wondering if you might want to start one, as you have a substantial mailing list.
"Thanks so much for passing it along Booboo- the passion of our supporters is incredible and we can't tell you how much we appreciate it!"

4/23/17
Just a thought.
Looking at E1C pictures. The windshield does not go below the plane of the hood.
A hidden wiper might reduce drag ?
Maybe a little longer windshield, or a little longer hood, or a flare up end on the hood, or together, could do the trick to make the parked wiper hidden ?
"Thanks for the great feedback Booboo- we truly appreciate it!"
Roof rack!!! Thinking about a Silver Surfer...Rocket Silver shall be my favorite color...Elio will be the ultimate surfskibikemobile for a certain group that rather spend their $ on recreational equipment than 'luxury' wheels! Wish I was Benjamin Buttons...

Last edited:
Top Bottom