• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Energy Department Revives Fuel-efficient Vehicle Loan Program - March 26, 2015 - Wsj.com

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Is Alcoa a fuel-efficient vehicle company? (Can't read the full article -- need a subscription to do so.)

Changed article source so it should work for everyone now. The ATVM loan programs covers automotive suppliers as well and Alcoa is an automotive supplier.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I'm reading the article right, it seems to indicate a DOE interest in light weight vehicles. Obviously EM's product qualifies, but the fuel consumption advantages (you would think the FIRST consideration in the ATVM program) are far broader. Weight, fuel efficiency, and aerodynamics all contribute to the Elio's reduced thirst for fossil fuels. Seeing as the greatest impact on the nation's fuel consumption would be found in reducing commuter fuel consumption, EM is right in the sweet spot for answering the Department's mandate.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
to me, seeing that loans are being approved is a good thing .... hopefully EM is in the pipeline .... with the mega negative publicity from some major bad loans, I can see the wisdom in extending the first loan to an established business that has a low chance of going belly-up

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OFF Topic (there goes a squirrel ),,just thingin out loud
Wonder what the Elio steel chassis weighs?? If Aluminum instead of steel .... MOre $$$, More reengineering, less weight.. they probably went thru that already , nevermind. Would be SUPER COOL with all aluminim farme :)

I see your aluminum and raise you carbon fiber
Passenger-compartment-bwm-i3.jpg

Top Bottom