• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Enough With The Lock-in Spam, Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am getting pretty tired of the continual push of "Make sure you lock-in!" -- I already did. Eliomotors is using tracker-style links to get information about us before we can get to the actual information in the news-grams or whatever they want to call them. They are sent with a "noreply" address so you cannot respond.

When I first got the lock-in notice, I hesitated about a day; but then did it. Then, I continued to get them. At first, I thought, did it work. Are they sending me this new message because I am not listed as locked-in.... e-mailing them revealed that was not the case. If they cannot stop pestering their customers when they have already locked-in, it does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about their ability to properly design an entirely new car.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am getting pretty tired of the continual push of "Make sure you lock-in!" -- I already did. Eliomotors is using tracker-style links to get information about us before we can get to the actual information in the news-grams or whatever they want to call them. They are sent with a "noreply" address so you cannot respond.

When I first got the lock-in notice, I hesitated about a day; but then did it. Then, I continued to get them. At first, I thought, did it work. Are they sending me this new message because I am not listed as locked-in.... e-mailing them revealed that was not the case. If they cannot stop pestering their customers when they have already locked-in, it does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about their ability to properly design an entirely new car.
Really :rolleyes:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Do you know much about mass mailings?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they cannot stop pestering their customers when they have already locked-in, it does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about their ability to properly design an entirely new car.

No worries, the script that does the automated mass mailings is not doing the car design.

LOL, just messing with you. I agree, they could be more diligent and cross reference their locked in list with the mass mailing list to not include lock-in emails to those that have locked in, but that is such a small blip on the landscape of things they need to do to get to production I am not surprised it has not been done.

Some people here complain about not enough contact from Elio! Imagine that!

Oh yeah, and as Coss would say: elioowners.com is not affiliated with Elio Motors and you should contact them about this issue instead. You might be the one to get this fixed!

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Do you know much about mass mailings?

I know a bit. I figure that the first time or two, they can get by putting it in the mass mailing of everyone because it was new news. If they want to get the people that have not locked-in, I know they have the means to generate that list and send a focused mailing out to just them. It really is not that hard. I do imagine the noreply is to deflect the "undeliverables" bounce back; however, even that has its purpose. If it is bouncing back as undeliverable, stop sending to that address.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
XanWolf; Manutis was correct, bitching about it here will get nothing done about it.
So save us your rant and go talk to Elio Motors; or just go in and modify your mail preferences at their site.

Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated directly to Elio Motors.
Rather than venting here, contact the people that are controlling all of the aspects of the Elio and let them know.

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
futureowners@eliomotors.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.