• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Evs And Solutions

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although nothing much is known about EV startup Faraday Motors, one of the rumors is that they'll be making retrofit kits so people can convert their own EVs. A mass-produced EV kit maker might be the cheapest solution. If I had my druthers, I'd go for a 50's Studebaker coupe EV :)
Oh yah, I've been following news on faraday. I will be keeping a close eye on them. I have heard about the possible EV conversions coming from them, and hope it comes true for a decent price. Could really change the world.

Stu's are great, love their trucks.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been a member of diyelectriccar.com for a while. Gave up on finding an electric production car with style. Decided build my own. That's what brought me to the Elio. I need to get an inexpensive reliable car to save the money I will need for my build. The Elio IS that car. Once it is purchased I plan on buying a 33 or 34 Ford Tudor and converting it to EV. Classic style and the power plant of the future. Best of both worlds :D:cool: Of course I will look into that site also. Appreciate the resource.

I found the site you mentioned - diyelectriccar.com . I will check it out.

There are plans for electric cars at RQRiley. Some can be electric, gas or hybrid (like the XR3). Some are the same vehicle but could be made to use gas or electric.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was waiting for the Carver leaning trike to be electrified and brought to the U.S. but that didn't happen. Then the Persu, using the Carver's licensed leaning technology, was supposed to be made with several power trains, including a pure electric and hybrid versions. But its maker still hasn't gotten off the ground.

Carver
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Persu
image.png

They sort of resemble the Elio, don't you think?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I followed the Carver and the Persu for years during which time I happened across the Elio back in '08. Lynx Motors almost had the Lynx Electric to manufacture........just not enough funding to make it happen. It couldn't have been marketed in the USA because Persu held the licensing rights for the USA.

image.jpeg

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I followed the Carver and the Persu for years during which time I happened across the Elio back in '08. Lynx Motors almost had the Lynx Electric to manufacture........just not enough funding to make it happen. It couldn't have been marketed in the USA because Persu held the licensing rights for the USA.

View attachment 7780
Man I would've loved to have a Carver. But they were being imported and marked up to $55-60k, if I recall. Rich boy's toy.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man I would've loved to have a Carver. But they were being imported and marked up to $55-60k, if I recall. Rich boy's toy.
Yes, out of my price range. The VentureOne/Persu Concept would have been the ultimate flytheroad three wheeler in the $20-24K range, but they never had a prototype build only marketing hype and an actual CarverOne to generate a few million in venture capital before turning to vaporware. Many disappointed Flytheroad Club members, me included.

Top Bottom