• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Explain To Me Why I'm Wrong, Please...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, I know, I've posted about this before. But the thing is, when I get an idea in my head and I'm convinced I'm right, I hold on to it like a bulldog with a bone.

Next time you're out driving around take a look at the back end of the cars and trucks ahead of you and see how many you can spot that DO NOT have a name or logo on the back. Darn few I'll bet. The reason is simple, it's cheap and effective advertising. No one has to wonder what it is... it says.

Quite a while back I suggested on this forum and to Elio that they need to do the same. The Elio name should be on the back of the car and I even proposed a small modification to the back panel to do this. Some forum members expressed a like for the idea and Elio met it with silence. This did not set well with me. To me the suggestion was obviously a good one, would cost little and answer the question in so many drivers minds when the were behind one.... "What the hell is that?" A real no brainer to me.

In the image below on the left it shows the rear of an Elio as it's pictured in their latest blog. On the right is what I think it should look like.

So, please explain what is wrong with the idea, of if you think it's a good idea click on the "like" button. I would really like to know if I'm right or simply dense... duh!

Im8888age3.jpg

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, I know, I've posted about this before. But the thing is, when I get an idea in my head and I'm convinced I'm right, I hold on to it like a bulldog with a bone.

Next time you're out driving around take a look at the back end of the cars and trucks ahead of you and see how many you can spot that DO NOT have a name or logo on the back. Darn few I'll bet. The reason is simple, it's cheap and effective advertising. No one has to wonder what it is... it says.

Quite a while back I suggested on this forum and to Elio that they need to do the same. The Elio name should be on the back of the car and I even proposed a small modification to the back panel to do this. Some forum members expressed a like for the idea and Elio met it with silence. This did not set well with me. To me the suggestion was obviously a good one, would cost little and answer the question in so many drivers minds when the were behind one.... "What the hell is that?" A real no brainer to me.

In the image below on the left it shows the rear of an Elio as it's pictured in their latest blog. On the right is what I think it should look like.

So, please explain what is wrong with the idea, of if you think it's a good idea click on the "like" button. I would really like to know if I'm right or simply dense... duh!

Im8888age3.jpg

Can you imagine the Friday blog post we will see from Elio covering the finite element analysis, stress modeling, and extensive crash test simulations needed to ensure the Elio's rear badge was the optimal size, placement, color, material, and cost?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine the Friday blog post we will see from Elio covering the finite element analysis, stress modeling, and extensive crash test simulations needed to ensure the Elio's rear badge was the optimal size, placement, color, material, and cost?
You're right! What was I thinking? :oops:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a bad idea at all, but I like the clean look. When I had my 240Z painted, I had the body shop remove all the badges except for the circular "Z" badge on the sail panels, and the only reason those stayed was because it covered the cabin air vents. I liked the way the cleaned up car looked, and it was amazing how many people couldn't tell what it was with the badges gone! :p

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When Elios start hitting the road in numbers, everyone will know what it is on sight. I think it will be a while before anything similar will be on the road.

If people want to advertise they could get a license plate holder with the Elio name.

Top Bottom