• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Favorite Places, Food And Entertainment

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new to Nebraska. Just moved up from Albuquerque. Actually, I moved here from Florida via Alabama, Georgia, Japan, Louisiana, South Korea, Montana, Ohio, Utah, Afghanistan, North Dakota, and finally New Mexico. Eventually, I hope to find a place that won't run me out!

Kidding aside, I AM new to the Omaha area or actually Bellevue area and wanted to know where you guys liked to go eat and where you like to spend your off time. So, here are the two statements every post in THIS thread should contain:

If someone were to visit, I would take them to eat at _______________. The best thing on their menu is_________.
I also like to take them to_____________. It is a good place to__________.

My wife and 3 girls will be joining me at the end of May after school let's out and I'd like to take them around like I know the place. Besides looking for the impossible house (nothing seems good enough for the wife), I haven't done much but work. Here are my two statements ... and they are a little pathetic right now.

If someone were to visit, I would take them to eat at Papa Murphy's. The best thing on their menu is pizza. (I don't want to go eat by myself at a restaurant)
I also like to take them to the Offutt Fam Camp and Fishing Lake. It is a good place to go fishing. (Again, where else am I supposed to go that won't cause trouble?)

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for reading this far and hopefully giving me some good ideas!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sad, no one posted any ideas for you! Hope you and your family are doing well and maybe went exploring and found some great places with great food! Hang in there!
Thanks. It's a little off topic for a car forum, I understand. I'm going to go get the family the Thursday before Memorial Day and we'll all be here by that Sunday. I found a house here and we are supposed to close on June 9th and our current house is set to close on the 1st... working out pretty decently.

Fun will be had by all.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new to Nebraska. Just moved up from Albuquerque. Actually, I moved here from Florida via Alabama, Georgia, Japan, Louisiana, South Korea, Montana, Ohio, Utah, Afghanistan, North Dakota, and finally New Mexico. Eventually, I hope to find a place that won't run me out!

Kidding aside, I AM new to the Omaha area or actually Bellevue area and wanted to know where you guys liked to go eat and where you like to spend your off time. So, here are the two statements every post in THIS thread should contain:

If someone were to visit, I would take them to eat at _______________. The best thing on their menu is_________.
I also like to take them to_____________. It is a good place to__________.

My wife and 3 girls will be joining me at the end of May after school let's out and I'd like to take them around like I know the place. Besides looking for the impossible house (nothing seems good enough for the wife), I haven't done much but work. Here are my two statements ... and they are a little pathetic right now.

If someone were to visit, I would take them to eat at Papa Murphy's. The best thing on their menu is pizza. (I don't want to go eat by myself at a restaurant)
I also like to take them to the Offutt Fam Camp and Fishing Lake. It is a good place to go fishing. (Again, where else am I supposed to go that won't cause trouble?)

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for reading this far and hopefully giving me some good ideas!
Zio's in Omaha is the Best New York Style Pizza anywhere! Vincenzo's Best Italian in Omaha! Click on the links and enjoy!

Vincenzo's Italian Ristorante - Omaha/Lincoln

Menu - Zio's Pizzeria

Also, Spezia's, nice atmosphere and the French Acadian Chicken Linguine to die for!
The other good Italian is Lo Sole Mio Restaraunte and their Chicken Marsala and toasted Ravioli Apps!

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent. I'll try out Zio's for sure and probably the others in short order. I'm actually buying a house on Papillion which is just south of Omaha... almost in Omaha but still.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent. I'll try out Zio's for sure and probably the others in short order. I'm actually buying a house on Papillion which is just south of Omaha... almost in Omaha but still.
I lived in Sioux Falls, SD for 60 + years........180 miles north of Omaha. We had friends there and made many long weekend trips for laughs, good food, drink, shopping, and concerts over the years.

Note: We had the original Spezia in Sioux Falls ( 2-3 stores started by restaurant group in Sioux Falls). It's one of my favorite restaurants.........excellent menu........good wood fired pizzas......a casual somewhat upscale atmosphere. Zio's is my favorite all time Pizza and the slices could be a little better than their whole pies. I think you will enjoy the Midwest lifestyle.

Last edited:

PeteinKC

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Spaghetti Works in the Old Market. Hit the Henry Doorly Zoo (one of the very best in this part of the country!) The SAC Museum (do they still call it that?), the Joslyn Art Museum, Storm Chasers Baseball (KC Royals AAA)
Lots to see & do there...moved to Kansas City 20 years ago for work, and still go back to Nebraska for family visits, the Zoo, the Old Market, the Zoo, (!) and just to get away for a bit.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 years later:

Well, we are getting established here. Valentino's Pizza was pretty good and we get pizza from there occasionally (though the kids like Domino's overly flavored crust and simple cheese... boring). Zio's was pretty good too and I just found this thread again so will give them another go. We bought a year's membership at the zoo and have gone there quite a few times. In fact, maybe we'll do that this weekend. Heck, maybe I'll do Zio's AND the zoo this weekend.

I'm just realizing that I've been here two years and haven't even been to the SAC Museum. That's something I'll have to rectify. We HAVE been to the African Safari thing though. That was kind of neat.

I've done my share of shore fishing and made the mistake of taking out a Hobie Kayak with the Mirage drive. You pedal it but just back and forth, not round and round. Plus, the propulsion is a pair of fins. It is fast and neat. So, now I'm trying to work on the wife a little to get a 2017 or newer Hobie Angler Pro 17T. So, there's that.

Anyway, if you happen across this post, don't hesitate to offer more restaurant and/or entertainment options.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom