• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fed Up With Green Car Reports

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They had a snide article saying "Golly, Elio Motors has built a car ... one test car in fact." Half way through they had a link to a grossly out of date federal proposed rule change. Months ago I discussed that rule change, and Joel Sheltrown said "oh, that again ... it doesn't apply to us, and it's gone away anyhow."

So when I saw that link, I sent the following to their editor. It probably won't do any good, but here it is:

Regarding your "scare" call-out ALSO SEE: NHTSA To Alter Vehicle Code To Prevent 3-Wheelers Like Elio, you must be well aware by now that the proposed legislation applies only to vehicles without bodies and other safety arrangements. It is aimed at the scads of underpowered trikes you see put-putting around places like Siesta Key in Florida -- not at legitimate vehicles. And even that regulatory change has been put off indefinitely.

You folks have a real loathing for Elio, but to run "scare" headlines you know to be false is reprehensible. Get over it.
Here's their article: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1104777_golly-elio-motors-has-built-a-car-one-test-car-in-fact

The responses to this article also included one from a Roger Pham who said that Elio cannot be profitable at $6800 because motorcycles cost twice as much. Well, the Elio would be profitable at $6800, but not profitable enough -- hence the probable sales price of $7600 or so.

What rock do these cretins crawl out of?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait; the article says "they built one" yet he includes the picture that shows the P5 and the P4 and the top of the P3 in the background
E1 under cover 2 in back.gif

Then about 2 paragraphs down, he has the picture of the P4

Does this guy read what he prints?

And if you read the article, read the comments; the majority are no longer Elio Haters; there are a few, but they know nothing about the Elio)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interestingly, I got a response from the editor -- he said his feelings were hurt -- and went back and forth a couple of times with detailed explanations of why Elio CAN make it -- at least stimulated him to ask who he could talk to at EM about various issues that Green Car Reports STILL hasn't gotten straight, such as helmet law issues. I put him in touch with Joel Sheltrown, vp gov't relations for Elio, so there's at least a chance he'll take a second look. So maybe that's a crack in the troll wall. Maybe. We'll see.

Top Bottom