• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Flashing Stop Light

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has a flashing stop light been considered for warning for those following an Elio? I see several kits and bulbs available in the Internet. Any motorcyclists out there use these? Are they effective at preventing accidents?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Has a flashing stop light been considered for warning for those following an Elio? I see several kits and bulbs available in the Internet. Any motorcyclists out there use these? Are they effective at preventing accidents?
As this is not legal in all jurisdictions this likely will be an aftermarket item. I do not know how effective they are but I don't they believe they make you any less safe. I have one on my motorcycle as it is inexpensive and worth it to me if it even helps only a little bit.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was following a new model car (don't even ask what kind because I have no idea) on my way home from Portland that I now suspect had a flashing brake light in the back window light. The regular brake lights were just that but now that I have read this question I wonder if it blinked by design rather than the driver having a nervous foot. At least I think the other brake lights were normal but to be honest the blinking light attracted so much attention I'm not sure. It definitely was attention getting because we were in heavy traffic. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom