• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Food/recipe/restuarant Thread

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I grew up poor, loved this dish and couldn't remember it. Recently called my mom and fixed it twice in the last month :)

Very easy too......

Corned beef and shells......

16oz bag of shell noodles
1 jar of scetty sauce
1 can of corned beef

boil the noodles, as they are done put in strainer, while they are there, pour scetty sauce in pot, mix in corned beef (I'm liking the Argentina brand now a days) put noodles back in, stir/mix until hot.

YUMMY :D And cheap dinner for the whole family, serves 4-5 unless my son is included LOL

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Post all your YUMMIES here, let's get fat! LOL okay this is opposite of the diet thread......

JEBar requested it, so here you go.......
Forget the health argument - every pound you gain will reduce your 84mpg, and 0-60. Two- 250 lb hefty's will almost be 1/2 again the vehicle weight!! lol. hey if it makes YOU happy......

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Frogmore Stew (AKA : Low Country Boil)

Frogmore Stew is supposed to have been developed in the Frogmore Islands off the coast of SC .... the following is our way of making it but is in no way the only way .... this is the type of stew that can/should be adapted to the taste of the folks making it .... we usually cook ours for a crowd (in this case 20 people) but it most certainly can be adapted to the number of folks that will be there ... amounts listed of items should not be taken as absolutes, use as much/little as you like ... we fix this several times a year for family gatherings and our camping club

ingredients:

8 lbs Kielbasa
2 lbs Johnsonville Brats
6 lbs cleaned/deveined large shrimp
36 midget fresh if possible but we used frozen ears of corn
3 large lemons
2 gallons canned whole potatoes
2 lbs carrots
2 bunches of celery
5 large, assorted color bell peppers
1 lb pack radishes
2 6 oz boxes whole, fresh mushrooms
4 large Videlia onions
2 to 4 (depending on size of the pot) 3 oz Zatarain's bags crab/shrimp boil .... Walmart has it for about $1.50 a bag
2 bottles beer
2 gallons filtered water

assorted notes:

put water/beer/bags crab boil/ whole onions/squeeze lemons then throw them in and let sit for a while (2-3 hours) to help blend the flavors, when you are ready to start cooking, bring to a slow boil (a hard boil can burst the spice bags) (recommend you leave onions whole for cooking and cut up just prior to serving) (see picture 1) ..... precook the Kielbasa and Johnsonville Brats on a grill to help cut down on grease and keep warm until you add them (see picture 2) ... to keep the corn from absorbing some flavors preboil corn in salt water and keep warm till you add them .... when ready to cook, bring to a slow boil for 15 minutes (time is what I use, adjust as you see fit) the add carrots/celery/radishes (see picture 3) ... bring back to a slow boil for 15 minutes then add canned whole potatoes, we've found canned potatoes don't come apart while cooking like fresh ones, some folks have said they have had good luck with new/red potatoes (see picture 4), also add the bell peppers (recommend peppers be left in halves to be cut for serving after cooking is complete ... bring back to a slow boil for 15 minutes then add Kielbasa/Brats that have been cut into 2" or so sections and the corn .... bring back to a slow boil for 15 minutes then add shrimp and mushrooms ..... stir to keep an eye on the shrimp, when they are dune, the stew is ready .... strain, pour into pans to serve (see pictures 5 & 6) .... the reaction from our guest (only one of whom had eaten Frogmore Stew prior to this) was very positive

in addition we also use chunks of sliced ham and/or Chicken

Attachments

• 150326 002 Fogmore  001.jpg
    150326 002 Fogmore 001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 150326 002 Fogmore  002.jpg
    150326 002 Fogmore 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 150326 002 Fogmore  003.jpg
    150326 002 Fogmore 003.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 150326 002 Fogmore  004.jpg
    150326 002 Fogmore 004.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 150326 002 Fogmore  005.jpg
    150326 002 Fogmore 005.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 150326 002 Fogmore  006.JPG
    150326 002 Fogmore 006.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mediterranean Medley (for RU :))

we enjoy an easy to make, veggie salad that we call a Mediterranean Medley (shown below) .... we use :

sliced cucumbers

sliced sweet peppers

sliced onion (Vidalia onions preferred)

ripe olives

green olives

pour Zesty Itallian Dressing over the veggies and let it sit in the frig for several hours .... stir as often as possible

we served it as a side dish and it seems to go with most everything

[Broken External Image]

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Road trip lunch or dinner stop. If you're near Sikeston, Missouri on I-55, starve yourself for as long as possible and then go to Lambert's. Everything is good, and you'll get MORE than enough! And be careful about putting your hand up or you'll find a freshly baked, softball sized roll flying towards you! (NSTG8R, you should know this place!)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I grew up poor, loved this dish and couldn't remember it. Recently called my mom and fixed it twice in the last month :)

Very easy too......

Corned beef and shells......

16oz bag of shell noodles
1 jar of scetty sauce
1 can of corned beef

boil the noodles, as they are done put in strainer, while they are there, pour scetty sauce in pot, mix in corned beef (I'm liking the Argentina brand now a days) put noodles back in, stir/mix until hot.

YUMMY :D And cheap dinner for the whole family, serves 4-5 unless my son is included LOL

LOL, "Scetty sauce", took me a second. Awesome!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Why do we take pictures of our food, and post on the internet?

Are we proud of it, like a parent or grandparent? Are we wanting others to enjoy the food digitally? Do we want to tell others that I had this and you didn't?

:D Deep thoughts, by Jack Handey.... just a Saturday Night Live reference there...

Top Bottom