• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For Sale - 6'x12' Enclosed Trailer With Solar Power And Battery System

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Today I set up a sale on Ebay Motors for the very first solar power trailer I built as a prototype two years ago to prove to a client that this was indeed something feasible. This was based on a nice used 6'x12' enclosed trailer and as it was only intended as a prototype it has not actually seen much use.

This solar power trailer can provide clean, quiet, renewable off grid power, does so without fuel, and requires virtually no maintenance. This system can be used to provide power to tools wherever grid power isn't readily available. It can be used to power essential appliances and electronics in the event of a power outage. It can be used for camping and/or hunting trips. It can also provide sporting event tailgating parties with plenty of power without also needing a noisy and/or smelly generator. The best part is that not only can this system provide the power but as it is also a fully functional enclosed trailer it can be used to carry equipment and supplies as well.

For more detailed information visit the Ebay Motors listing and/or send me a private message on here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151622853416

enhanced exterior.jpg
enhance interior.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THAT has a lot of potential! The first thing I thought of was all the new construction HVAC work I did years ago out in the boonies. My Sawzall was corded, so I had a generator (don't think they made a cordless version back then...and I probably couldn't afford one then if they did) just in case the contractor didn't have power ran out to the site yet. Once they did, it was first come, first serve on the outlets they pulled off the main. Something like this trailer would've sure come in handy for keeping my cordless drill batteries charged. Had my charger for my cordless drill unplugged more than once for carpenter's saws. Dead batteries? I'm shut down for the day.

You should have no problem selling it!

Last edited:

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just out of interest, what is the maximum output of the rig? We had solar panels installed on our garage roof last summer, rated at 3Kw. They feed into the grid via a meter and we get a rebate for what we generate. It's 08:10 here, the sun came up a short while ago and isn't yet shining on the panels but we are generating over half a Kilowatt already.

Solar power is the "in" thing here, big solar farms being built all over the place, often on old coal mine sites. A good use of polluted land that can't be used for much else because of poor fertility.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Just out of interest, what is the maximum output of the rig? We had solar panels installed on our garage roof last summer, rated at 3Kw. They feed into the grid via a meter and we get a rebate for what we generate. It's 08:10 here, the sun came up a short while ago and isn't yet shining on the panels but we are generating over half a Kilowatt already.

Solar power is the "in" thing here, big solar farms being built all over the place, often on old coal mine sites. A good use of polluted land that can't be used for much else because of poor fertility.

The trailer has 4x 250W panels for 1 KW total. These are high quality monocrystalline solar panels which are intended for use on buildings so, just like yours, they generate a good bit of power even if the sun is not shining on the panels.

Electric rates are much higher in the UK than they are for us in the USA so with solar panel prices dropping considerably over the last number of years it has made a lot of sense to consider solar power in the UK. Making use of otherwise unusable land for solar power generation does sound like a very smart move.

Solar equipment pricing has now become competitive enough that it is becoming very popular here in the USA now as well. Even though a few states have passed stupid laws protecting electric companies, by instituting minimum electric charges or service fees for solar power, most states are encouraging solar power adoption via tax incentives and requiring the electric companies purchase excess power generated by these home solar systems.

Top Bottom