• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ford Recall4/30/2015

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you read the posting regarding the major auto companies wanting to make it illegal to fix/work on your own car? Frustrating.
I only follow 'laws' that are for the good of society as a whole. Those 'laws' written for the benefit of individuals or corporations I ignore. This is another reason to buy an Elio - if the biggies don't want me working on their product - I don't want to give them my $ !

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only follow 'laws' that are for the good of society as a whole. Those 'laws' written for the benefit of individuals or corporations I ignore. This is another reason to buy an Elio - if the biggies don't want me working on their product - I don't want to give them my $ !
bit subjective in your comment- "good for society as a whole" Affordable Health Care ? IRS punishing the "workers earned salary-" over capital gains/businesses paying a smaller percent. Marriage equality? woman's right to choose?, Clean air?, clean water? stop fracking,?, stop drilling offshore oil? There is no whole society, "we" have fragmented objectives. Kentucky is not about to stop coal mining,

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
bit subjective in your comment- "good for society as a whole" Affordable Health Care ? IRS punishing the "workers earned salary-" over capital gains/businesses paying a smaller percent. Marriage equality? woman's right to choose?, Clean air?, clean water? stop fracking,?, stop drilling offshore oil? There is no whole society, "we" have fragmented objectives. Kentucky is not about to stop coal mining,
And, you are always objective. How many examples of those you listed have directly affected you? I tend not to contemplate what doesn't affect me or my family. I am, after all, a minuscule part of this society.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And, you are always objective. How many examples of those you listed have directly affected you? I tend not to contemplate what doesn't affect me or my family. I am, after all, a minuscule part of this society.
Be sure what doesn't directly affect you, doesn't quickly turn and bite you in the butt- no man is an island.
Many of the examples affect us both directly, if you can keep them from your door, it's only a matter of time- costs/expenses spent by our government do affect you (in your wallet) If you earn a living just look at all the government deductions $- taken from you to share with the rest of us (don't misunderstand when I say earn a living, I'm using that to highlight that there are many folks who don't work, who make a lot of money and pay no taxes, and there are many who don't work, which we all help support- affects us all . (just noticed your last name sorry for the irony )
Glad we chatted , I agree to disagree. and we can move on as we await that which binds us Our Elio

Top Bottom