• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Foreign Exposure?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can pick out certain words in German, by no means fluent, I found the translation funny because each word was taken literally like Hummer = lobster. Also some of the nouns and verbs were placed properly, while others were not. Just 5000 Euros what a deal!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's coming out of Louisiana more appropriate name word be crayfish or crawfish! Étouffée anyone!:eek::D
ha-ha! So if it becomes the 'Lobster' the Hummer factory would again become a ... Hummer factory, but in German! That fact alone would make it well publicized in Germany.
But there was a hint in the article that Germany could easily go back to the past and revive a '50's style' car, which they consider this to be.
Yet I suppose they, as an industry and society, may not like the idea of going 'technically reto' in their view. SO that likely gives EM a couple years before they 'get it'.

What is 'to get' here is that personal economics will trump social attitudes. This is also another great insight I believe EM has connected with.

I very much see all other competitors and nations in general are waiting to see how actual sales go before they consider going all-in. And they may want to see evidence in local sales where local markets are concerned. This leaves the door wide open for EM, at east for one year of sales in the first foreign market. Keeping the cost low, at good quality, will be key to holding that door open. A low price gives competitors pause to reconsider.

Top Bottom