• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Four Wheel Elio??

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is this story about EM making a four wheeled... Elio??

This 7/8/15 story states, that EM has plans "down the line" to make a four wheeler in the next few years???

I am guessing that is the reporters mistake... why would EM want to step over that line, and be a car, why go to the trouble to get the Autocycle laws changed in every State..??

If you are going to make a four wheeled vehicle in the future... why??

This doesn't sound right...

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-elio-an-84-mpg-car-for-under-7000.html/?a=viewall

What do you think...

Proud to Be... member #2225Z of the Elio Nation... see ya on the road

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I were Paul Elio I would not rule out any future possibilities . In keeping with his core principles , an affordable , high MPG
4 wheel car is certainly in the wheelhouse . The Elio-2 could carry more passengers and come in yellow :dance:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I were Paul Elio I would not rule out any future possibilities . In keeping with his core principles , an affordable , high MPG
4 wheel car is certainly in the wheelhouse . The Elio-2 could carry more passengers and come in yellow :dance:

not saying it won't happen but I can't see that happening for many moons .... from what we've been repeatedly told, the Feds throw up tremendous roadblocks in front of new car companies

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This 7/8/15 story states, that EM has plans "down the line" to make a four wheeler in the next few years???

I am guessing that is the reporters mistake... why would EM want to step over that line, and be a car, why go to the trouble to get the Autocycle laws changed in every State..??

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-elio-an-84-mpg-car-for-under-7000.html/?a=viewall

What do you think...

If you are going to reference a story, please make an attempt to get an exact quote otherwise it's like that game we all used to play where we whisper something and pass it around 'till it gets back to the original person and we find out that Hannibal Lecter is not grilling the stakes at the cook out. (or steaks either)
The original quote was ..........."Elio said that there could eventually be a turbocharged model, and even a four-wheeled vehicle much further down the line."............
I think you will find the key words were "could eventually be" relating to a turbo model, and then "even" relating to a four wheel version.
Heck, when we elect our next President there could eventually be a balanced budget , and even rainbows and unicorns.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to reference a story, please make an attempt to get an exact quote otherwise it's like that game we all used to play where we whisper something and pass it around 'till it gets back to the original person and we find out that Hannibal Lecter is not grilling the stakes at the cook out. (or steaks either)
The original quote was ..........."Elio said that there could eventually be a turbocharged model, and even a four-wheeled vehicle much further down the line."............
I think you will find the key words were "could eventually be" relating to a turbo model, and then "even" relating to a four wheel version.
Heck, when we elect our next President there could eventually be a balanced budget , and even rainbows and unicorns.
Anything that isn't currently available is "could eventually be" even relating to the three wheel model.

We could debate who is more likely to balance budgets, but not the appropriate place.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anything that isn't currently available is "could eventually be" even relating to the three wheel model.

We could debate who is more likely to balance budgets, but not the appropriate place.

So you agree that Rainbows and Unicorns are a possibility?
On that basis, we could even have a nuclear steam turbine version.
Incidentally, I won't think it"s balanced till the National Debt is paid down to less than 5 years GDP.
Incidentally, I couldn't find the spot in the Reddit AMA where Paul said 4 wheel.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

What do you think...

Nope, doesn't make sense to have a 4-wheeled version. Maybe it does more harm than good for EM to say that it doesn't make sense to have a 4-wheeled version, who knows.

The whole point of the Elio is to push half the air, be a primarily 1-person vehicle, and be relatively inexpensive. Can't do that if there's 4 wheels on it.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you agree that Rainbows and Unicorns are a possibility?
On that basis, we could even have a nuclear steam turbine version.
Incidentally, I won't think it"s balanced till the National Debt is paid down to less than 5 years GDP.
Incidentally, I couldn't find the spot in the Reddit AMA where Paul said 4 wheel.

I think I would want a Thorium steam turbine version, Thorium is cheap and found all over the world, goes for under $50 a gram... a Thorium steam engine could run for about 500,000 miles per gram... not counting the water needed to travel that far... you can hold Thorium in your hand for a short time and not be harmed... unlike the rest of the Nuclear table of elements... but because it is close to Nuclear elements... you can't have it in the US... But, people are working on Thorium engines in Europe and the UK...

About the 4 wheel Elio...I was just using the article listed above... it didn't make sense because of all the new things the Government has placed on all new cars...

I believe that all new 2016 cars must have the "Black Box" crash box... which keeps a record of where you have been and how fast you were going to get there...

I don't have all the facts about this, but I don't like the idea of it... it would also mean "someone" can use a remote switch to stop your car anytime they want.... which also means "they can track you anywhere.... it my be a good thing if you car is taken... but to me it would feel like, someone has a thumb hanging over my head... as they kill my car on the freeway and I crash to the side of the road... it would be my luck to get a phone call saying ... Sorry, Pushed the Wrong Numbers...

Unicorns may be here, before the balanced budget...or National Debt down... would have to be many changes before that happens... Wow, the things that are coming, in the year of the beginning of the Elio Nation...

Proud to Be... member #2225Z of the Elio Nation... see ya on the road..

Top Bottom