• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ftc Officials Back Direct-to-consumer Car Sales Model

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am getting a bit confused. If you can order it online, why would EM need a dealer store and the expense of building one.? If we look at the design of the building, they are very nice and not cheap. The elio store could do the presentations, the test drives, the paperwork, the financing like normal car stores do. But, If you order it online, you don't have a test drive at all, and you still have to order the options, (at a fixed price), pay the $750 delivery fee and somehow the elio needs to be prepped for delivery (cleaned up and gassed). If the factory does that, the destination fee and the prep fees still would be charged right? So your online ordered Maybe your Elio arrives at a pep boys, and then gets dealer prepped by them..same charge I guess. On line, how would financing be done, and trade-ins be done.? You would have to fill out the credit check and get approved according to your credit rating and the papers would be faxed right, or an e-mail to you. The extended warranties for the engine and tranny (brand new engine) would be on the option list I guess. Is a bank (banks) going to give you a choice of payment options? How does tesla do the paperwork and the deliveries? Anybody have any ideas..?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a thought on Elio Sales Centers which I think are important for marketing & branding. A place for face to face friendly customer sales assistance, test drives, delivery and pick up our new Elio's, and for shopping Elio options. The idea of contracting sales and showroom space with an existing respected national retail outlet.........Home Depot, Lowes, COSTCO, Sears, or any other established respected retail chain having Big Box Store sites, larger parking lot space with locations in all markets across the USA seems logical and cost efficient in my mind. Any advantages..........or do they need to be expensive stand alone stores? Obviously, it's similar to Elio's servicing model. I've never seen a Pep Boy's Service location so am unfamiliar with their typical store layout and parking situation to know if THEY could support an Elio Sales Space. Buying and servicing your Elio at the same location has it's advantages too. Again, just a thought and I'm sure Elio has a sales plan.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does tesla do the paperwork and the deliveries? Anybody have any ideas..?

With Tesla (at least the model S) you signed the advance paperwork at time of order completion electronically. The final signature was collected when you took delivery of the vehicle and verified that everything was as you ordered it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a thought on Elio Sales Centers which I think are important for marketing & branding. A place for face to face friendly customer sales assistance, test drives, delivery and pick up our new Elio's, and for shopping Elio options. The idea of contracting sales and showroom space with an existing respected national retail outlet.........Home Depot, Lowes, COSTCO, Sears, or any other established respected retail chain having Big Box Store sites, larger parking lot space with locations in all markets across the USA seems logical and cost efficient in my mind. Any advantages..........or do they need to be expensive stand alone stores? Obviously, it's similar to Elio's servicing model. I've never seen a Pep Boy's Service location so am unfamiliar with their typical store layout and parking situation to know if THEY could support an Elio Sales Space. Buying and servicing your Elio at the same location has it's advantages too. Again, just a thought and I'm sure Elio has a sales plan.
I reply to my own post! Perhaps not a good idea because Elio would still have to lease space and I guess you can do that in the most desirable of market locations........so never mind.

Top Bottom