• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fuel Injectors?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask, isn't the Elio fuel injected? Where are the injectors? Is it some sort of throttle body injection or am I just missing something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 480

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The IAV ( Co originated in Germany) engine is expected to be a detuned / derated fuel-injected, single overhead cam (SOHC) configuration 3 cylinder engine based up the Geo Metro engine with a improved cylinder head and a flame spray surface process rather than cylinder sleeves... this results in the cylinder walls still holding up great after 250,000 miles. The Engine will be a Derated Engine which is an engine whose maximum HP has been reduced to lower than design value.. often this is done by adjusting the fuel / air ratio and the timing... the result is high fuel savings and lower emissions with a side effect of increasing longevity ...

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am sure it will be port injected, not throttle body. If you look closely at the engine, there are three holes in the head, one above each intake runner, that is where an injector would be placed. Your pictures do not show on the intake side well, here is one of mine. There is no wiring on the engine, nor an installed fuel system.

Elio engine.jpg

Last edited:

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
powerplant graphic.jpg
This is from Elio's latest engine animation.... as far as the flame spray process ...
Plasma transferred wire arc thermal spraying(PTWA) thermal spraying is a thermal spraying process that deposits a coating on the internal surface of a cylindrical surface, or external surface of any geometry. It is predominantly known for its use in coating the cylinder bores of an engine, enabling the use of aluminum engine blocks without the need for heavy cast iron sleeves.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am sure it will be port injected, not throttle body. If you look closely at the engine, there are three holes in the head, one above each intake runner, that is where an injector would be placed. Your pictures do not show on the intake side well, here is one of mine. There is no wiring on the engine, nor an installed fuel system.

View attachment 72

I see it now, thanks for the picture!

Top Bottom