1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Gas Might Come Down To $2 A Gallon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KenK, Jul 14, 2015.

1. KenK

KenK Elio Addict

Well this wouldn't be good for Elio demand...

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/14/news/economy/2-gas-iran-nuclear-deal/index.html

People have such short term memory when it comes to gas prices. Big truck demand is probably going to soar, then in a year, some whack job will bomb some refinery in the middle east and it will be $5 at the pump again.

Stay the course!

Jeff Porter and wizard of ahs like this.
  2. John Higgins

John Higgins Elio Aficionado

Reservation #:
    The price of gas is not even a consideration at this point. Sure the price will come down but will continue to climb as the years pass. We will never see the prices that our fathers paid. I want to support this dream. I feel it will hold its value and will be economical to operate. Cost of ownership per mile will be much lower than anything else.

Chris F, Bert, champsman and 3 others like this.
  3. Cache Man

Cache Man Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I'm not worried about the fuel cost jumping.

By the way, who in the heck came up with this saying and why did they throw crap into the fan in order to figure out what would happen in the first place?? Just think... two old farms sitting in the ranch house porch on a hot day with nothing to do. One sees a cow relieve itself... and a thought came into their head. What would happen if we threw some of that in the fan?? Maybe Billybob saw Johnboy sitting by the fan and thought it would be funny to throw crap into the fan and see what happens to Johnboy.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/21860/whats-the-etymology-of-when-the-sht-hits-the-fan

More than likely it came from watching a Honey-wagon (manure spreader) work. It has an apparatus that is sort of like a fan. TMI (Too Much Info)

post moderated to remove political commentary

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Chaz

Chaz Elio Addict

I don't really care about the cost of gas, I care more about the cost of the car. The excellent gas milage is a bonus.

Bert, Jim H, NSTG8R and 4 others like this.
  5. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Affordable fun transportation and more economical to operate at whatever the cost of gas. Savings in the bank. Frankly, one should put money saved on anything under $4/gal gas into a retirement or vehicle replacement fund that would have been burned up driving to work. Might have enough to pay cash for that Elio by the time it's built and delivered with your personal gas card payment plan. Pay yourself first.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Bert and wizard of ahs like this.
  6. Hotscoots

Hotscoots Elio Addict

The cost of gas is relatively meaningless to me . My only concern regarding high gas prices is the effect on the US economy .
    My interest in the Elio is exclusively the price point and clever design . If it got 30 MPG , I would still buy one .
    After I fit an appropriate SuperCharger , it may get less than 30 MPG , but will really be fun to drive . :thumb:

Bert likes this.
  7. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    SIL 18112
    Got MY $$$$ ready.............just need my E :p

Bert and Rickb like this.
  8. Ian442

Ian442 Elio Addict

So gas may hit $2 a gallon again soon big whoop. Motor oil and other petroleum related automotive products barely dropped the last time this happened.

I miss cheap motor oil ... what can I say :)

Jambe likes this.
  9. Jeff Porter

Jeff Porter Elio Addict

Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
    Reservation #:
    One of the four must-haves is "amazing MPG", striving for 84 mpg on the highway. I agree with you KenK, demand will be lower for the Elio with gas at $2 than it will with gas at $3.50.

But the unknowns are: 1) will gas make it to a U.S avg of $2 (again)? 2) how long will it be there? 3) will Elio demand be reduced to the point where it hurts Elio Motors?

And the biggest unknown: when will the funding be ample so that production can begin?

Wow, I haven't used the word "ample" in a long time. :brick:

Bert likes this.
  10. W. WIllie

W. WIllie Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Gas per gallon in my area rose .40 yesterday and today it rose another .20. Now at 4.69 gallon.(Reg)

Still love my G1 Insight.
    Hope I can get the ELIO before my expiration date.
    Willie

Bert and Jeff Porter like this.