• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Half Of Louisiana Pumps Are Broke, Flooding Again.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...cle_54ba059c-7c8a-11e7-b749-6719f4973a1f.html

This is the state Elio depends on to bring a new car to the masses. Government officials so incompetent that they cant even keep half of the pumps working that MY Federal tax dollars paid for to keep their state from flooding. Citizens that deserve the government that they elect are hoping mad at the incompetence. Its no wonder Elio is getting so much state flack rather than state help. Lazy officials are under fire and can only deflect attention by attacking Elio that is down on his luck. But they are mostly empty attacks because they really cant enforce their threats.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the article but did not see where Federal dollars were used. Pumps not working also appear to be mostly a problem with New Orleans, not the whole state. Still, I don't feel very sorry for them because they chose to live and work in a flood zone. Perhaps moving to higher ground would be a more cost effective measure?

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They spent their pump budget on taking down statues.

Hah, you are probably partly right. But I suspect that most of the squandered levy maintenance money was "redirected" to city official pet projects like their personal neighborhood improvement projects and gold plated bathroom remodels.

As for the Federal dollars spent to help the state, there are other articles like this below that go into the details. I dont mind helping people, but when you latter find out that they still wont help themselves, I tend to vote to walk away and let nature solve their problems if they dont surrender and become a federally managed properties. :) Elio will be bashed by these kinds of people that were raised in an environment that blames everybody else for their problems. And the bashing doesnt help when trying to garner more help to reach their goals. If Elio had gotten just a fraction of all that was poured here, we would all have Elio cars by now.

http://www.npr.org/2015/08/28/43205...ood-barriers-but-new-orleans-still-a-fishbowl

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hah, you are probably partly right. But I suspect that most of the squandered levy maintenance money was "redirected" to city official pet projects like their personal neighborhood improvement projects and gold plated bathroom remodels.

As for the Federal dollars spent to help the state, there are other articles like this below that go into the details. I dont mind helping people, but when you latter find out that they still wont help themselves, I tend to vote to walk away and let nature solve their problems if they dont surrender and become a federally managed properties. :) Elio will be bashed by these kinds of people that were raised in an environment that blames everybody else for their problems. And the bashing doesnt help when trying to garner more help to reach their goals. If Elio had gotten just a fraction of all that was poured here, we would all have Elio cars by now.

http://www.npr.org/2015/08/28/43205...ood-barriers-but-new-orleans-still-a-fishbowl

They have very short memories. They need another flood to freshen memories. It would be impossible to maintain that system without a tax revenue. This may require a "Darwinian" flood. Then New Orleans could become a fish farm and benefit the rest of the nation.:(

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have very short memories. They need another flood to freshen memories. It would be impossible to maintain that system without a tax revenue. This may require a "Darwinian" flood. Then New Orleans could become a fish farm and benefit the rest of the nation.:(
Well, let's see here...
New Orleans is how many feet below sea level?
New Orleans is sinking by how many inches per year?
Sea levels are projected to rise how many inches per year?

"The West Closure Complex is part of the $14.5 billion the Corps is spending on fortifications to protect some 900,000 people living in the toe-tip of Louisiana." That's $16,111 for every man woman and child.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, let's see here...
New Orleans is how many feet below sea level?
New Orleans is sinking by how many inches per year?
Sea levels are projected to rise how many inches per year?

"The West Closure Complex is part of the $14.5 billion the Corps is spending on fortifications to protect some 900,000 people living in the toe-tip of Louisiana." That's $16,111 for every man woman and child.
In St. Bernard Parish, voters have twice voted against raising their taxes to pay for better hurricane protection.

"We're talking about $5 a month to the average taxpayer. That's a six-pack. That's a pound of crawfish in April," Estopinal says, frustration evident in his voice. "This is a country that's run by the citizens. The citizens decide they don't want to have flood protection, then we're not going to have flood protection."

He doesn't really mean no flood protection for St. Bernard, he just means without proper funding it won't be as effective.

I'll bet they want flood protection now! Someone else will pay for it though. For some reason, it's okay to forego the $5 a month because the government will pay for all the property damage later. Wow. What a mentality.

Top Bottom