• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Has Anything Changed Since You've Made Your Reservation??

Silverbullet

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Most of us have planned on how our Elio will fit in your life style. Just curious if anything has changed since you made your reservation.

Its been 21 months since I put my first money down on the Elio. I already sold my convertible to make room for my Elio & had planned to sell my 01 Buick also to make room for the Elio. That would of left me with an 05 Buick Rendevous & our Elio.

My Mom recently passed and as excutor of her estate I took possession of her 2011 Chevy Malibu LT which I've grown quite fond of & plan on buying it from the estate. Its loaded, Bluetooth, heated seats, XM radio, remote start & 34 mpg in the winter here.

I also own a 1978 GoldWing, 1998 Honda Helix, 2006 650 Suzuki Burgman, & my Bride rides a 2005 Yamaha Majesty. I've just got to much stuff!

I'm still very much looking forward to getting my Elio. My plan has to change. My Wife has already indicated that she would sell her bike. I'm probably gonna have to part with one of mine. But which one!!! Just to many tires & batteries to replace & insure. Something else has to go. Decisions, decisions.

Has anyone else had changes in your life that may effect your Elio purchase?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Granddaughter got her license so I wanted to give her the Car I had. The ELIO was to replace that one for me . So I did buy a new car. That will not change how I plan to use the ELIO. It would have been great if it was ready sooner but changes nothing.
My bikes stay right where they are

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm afraid my son's car may not last until I get my car. The plan was to sell his and give him mine when I got the Elio. Now, we may either have to:
  • Buy him a car
  • Give him my car and I'll have to use the truck for my commute ($$!)
  • Not allow him to have a car at school
  • Hope that his Mustang lasts
So far, there has been no official delay in the time frame I anticipated, so that is not the issue so much as I don't think the Mustang is going to hold on for as long as I'd hoped.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm afraid my son's car may not last until I get my car. The plan was to sell his and give him mine when I got the Elio. Now, we may either have to:
  • Buy him a car
  • Give him my car and I'll have to use the truck for my commute ($$!)
  • Not allow him to have a car at school
  • Hope that his Mustang lasts
So far, there has been no official delay in the time frame I anticipated, so that is not the issue so much as I don't think the Mustang is going to hold on for as long as I'd hoped.
Hey, Comp, they still have school buses where I live......just sayin'!

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have school buses for college students?
Plus, I'm afraid that his current job as a pizza delivery guy would be difficult on a school bus.
Oh, a college student....I recently had to buy my son in college a "new" old car,too, and like you, I am hoping it will last another year or two. He, however, is not delivering pizzas, he tutors other students. That's a lot of extra work for an old car. Does he make pretty good tips doing that?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, a college student....I recently had to buy my son in college a "new" old car,too, and like you, I am hoping it will last another year or two. He, however, is not delivering pizzas, he tutors other students. That's a lot of extra work for an old car. Does he make pretty good tips doing that?
It's actually unbelievable. He averages between $15-20 per hour. That doesn't account for gas and wear and tear on the vehicle, but for an 18 year old kid, that's not too bad.

Top Bottom