• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Headlight Restoration Kit

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never used one …. But I have an older truck that needs the treatment. I’ll have to do the same one day soon. Hope to hear what others out there can recommend…. Good luck with the project. Let me know how it works out.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
recommendations (hopefully with a link) for a Headlight Restoration Kit for me to use to restore clear lens on our vehicles head lights would be appreciated .... I've never used one successfully and do not have any specialty tools .... the one in this link comes highly recommended on Amazon ====> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084RQKLV8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AOXMQPMOL1F1Y&th=1
You can't go wrong with Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit for $10.99- no specialty tool needed....just your hands! Worked well with my cars with step by step guide. Available at your local hardware or auto parts store.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've tried a few but the best I've found is this from 3M. You do need a drill but it speeds up the process and I think it gives a better end result. The worst car I did was my nephews 2000 Ford Taurus. His headlights were completely fogged over. Just a regular drill and following the instructions, it came out really well. I did find that for the final step, that doing it at night with the headlights on, will show where you need a bit more work on.
https://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Hea...locphy=9006936&hvtargid=pla-370095993833&th=1

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone tried tooth paste?
That's what my nephew tried first. It probably would work on some lightly fogged over headlights but for his, it needed the first initial step of getting a good surface to work with. The 3M one is a 3 or 4 step process. The last step is where you all of a sudden see a really clear lens. Up until that point, not the case. I will say that it does make a mess all over the car and you need to wash it afterwards.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny this came up. Just 3 weeks ago I bought a kit from Wal-Mart to fix one headlight on my wife's car.

We bought the car a few years ago, was a prior salvage. Was only called that because of hail damage, and that was repaired before we bought it, got a great deal. Anyway, they must have replaced the driver's side headlight because it looks brand new. The passenger side looked terrible and it only got worse over the last 3 or so years. I was in Wally World to get some other things and decided to look for a headlight resto kit. Picked this one HERE

I did not take before/after pics, but please trust me that the headlight actually looked like the "before" part of the image on the box and like the "after" part when I was done. I was honestly amazed. And it was less than 10 bucks and no power tools.

Top Bottom