• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Central New Jersey

Blaise Vigilante

Reaction score
I am new to this site and wanted to get more familiar with the car before I put my deposit down.

I watched a video where it says that the production debut is Summer 2014. I really don't think that this is going to happen.
When are they planning on making these vehicles?
How are they going to deliver these to us if there are no dealerships in the area?

I am looking for any good solid info that I can get.

Thanks

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from TN. The production start was pushed back to 2015 !st quarter. The final prototype will be out this summer. Again welcome. A lot of answers and new questions here.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to this site and wanted to get more familiar with the car before I put my deposit down.

I watched a video where it says that the production debut is Summer 2014. I really don't think that this is going to happen.
How are they going to deliver these to us if there are no dealerships in the area?

Thanks
My last car was delivered directly to my driveway on a flatbed towtruck.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My last car was delivered directly to my driveway on a flatbed towtruck.
I don't think that is likely to happen with Elio, but they do have some really cool pickup options like going to Shreveport, take a plant tour and perhaps see your very own Elio being assembled. then get to drive it home.
Welcome aboard. lots of info here, probably just as many questions, and several debates.

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Blaise and welcome to the forum. Does CJMRG ring a bell? Look for Bill P in members. I have been following Elio for more than a year and when they secured the plant Shreveport, La. earlier this year I went all in for 1k on 3/16/14. You can find lots of info in these pages but also check out Eliomotors.com. Elio motors is also heavy on Facebook. Weather is finally getting better in Jersey, see you on a ride sometime.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Blaise, Welcome from an Elio enthusiast in New Mexico. This site offers great information, some mis-information, and the hopes and fantasies of many. It is a fun site and should provide all the information you can ever want

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Blaise, Welcome to this fun Elio forum! :)

I am so glad you are interested in learning more about this neat vehicle and chose to join us on here. We have plenty of threads you can read through as we have discussion going on pretty much every little detail known, or rumored, about the Elio at this time.

The summer 2014 date is a bit dated but the good news is that things appear to be on track for production in the first half of 2015. Elio Motors has secured the use of a former GM assembly plant in Shreveport, LA and should begin readying the assembly line there sometime later this year.

Elio Motors plans on opening a network of sales locations throughout the country where you will be able to buy a new Elio or pick up one you have ordered. They will also offer the opportunity to pick up your new Elio directly from the assembly plant. I am sure if you needed other arrangements, such as delivery to your home, there will likely be ways to make that happen as well.

If you ever have any issues the forum staff members are here to help so please feel free to reach out to us. :cool:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks
Welcome from southern Oregon, Blaise. I hope the information you learn on this forum as well as information on Elio Motors website will help you with your decision. Enjoy the exploration. I did and then 6 weeks later went all in at the $100 level. I am now working towards an upgrade to $500. I want that Elio Number in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom