• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Indiana

Don Brasier

Reaction score
For many years I wanted to build or see on the market a vehicle that is smaller, lighter, and more fuel efficient than the vehicles out there for sale now. Besides being all of the above it looks like it will be very reasonable. There is no good reason to haul around an extra 1000 plus pounds just to get you from here to there. My wife isn't exactly on board with the idea but it hasn't actually been produced yet anyhow so there is plenty of time to discuss the point. The idea of mostly over the counter parts is a great one. The simpler the better. I wonder if they will have service centers around the country for those fixes that on couldn't do on their own? I really do hope they can get it all going. It will be a niche vehicle but I believe they would have plenty of orders to keep them busy. So, I say Good Luck to them in their most honorable adventure. Don

Robert McWhirter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Don! They said there will be distribution centers not dealerships around the country that will do servicing on the car, once they are up and running. They told me they were going to start with 38 DC's in different states to begin with.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For many years I wanted to build or see on the market a vehicle that is smaller, lighter, and more fuel efficient than the vehicles out there for sale now. Besides being all of the above it looks like it will be very reasonable. There is no good reason to haul around an extra 1000 plus pounds just to get you from here to there. My wife isn't exactly on board with the idea but it hasn't actually been produced yet anyhow so there is plenty of time to discuss the point. The idea of mostly over the counter parts is a great one. The simpler the better. I wonder if they will have service centers around the country for those fixes that on couldn't do on their own? I really do hope they can get it all going. It will be a niche vehicle but I believe they would have plenty of orders to keep them busy. So, I say Good Luck to them in their most honorable adventure. Don

Welcome to the site Don! Would you like for me to edit your user name to say "Don Brasier" instead of "on Brasier?"

Don Brasier

Reaction score
Yes, please edit my name. I wanted to fix it yesterday but couldn't figure out how to log in and stay on this page. Did I read somewhere that the body panels of the elio car are plastic? I have an old "85 Fiero that looks great yet, and its body panels are all plastic. Somewhere down the line I would like to see Elio Motors offer the car in an all electric version. With lithium batteries it would probably have good range and speed. What do you think? Don

Top Bottom