• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello Huskers!?!

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm now in Branson MO, but have family in Omaha-area and am a "Husker-at-heart"!!
Ready to talk Elio whenever you're ready!...
Hi, LBow! I live in Springfield NE and just found out that PepBoys will be the service center for the Elio and there is a PepBoys in Springfield MO. That will be nice for you. I have a good friend in Warrensburg and he has an acreage near Branson so will be going down your way in the future. I hope that an Elio club will become a reality in my area and if it does I will certainly join. Not much of a joiner. I work for a service club and am not a member. Also not a member of the VFW or Am Legion so I don't leap at any chance to join a club

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm now in Branson MO, but have family in Omaha-area and am a "Husker-at-heart"!!
Ready to talk Elio whenever you're ready!...
LBow welcome to the Elio family and the forum. Here you will find the latest information, facts, rumors, and opinions. It has plenty of helpful and friendly members wo are always willing to answer any question you may have. Also it is very entertaining. Enjoy the Elio experience

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hi gang, I live in northwest KS, about 15 miles from NE border, so Elio laws w.r.t NE do interest me. I've noticed that NE is one of 5 states that as things stand now, will require driver (and probably passenger) of an Elio vehicle to wear a helmet. Most likely, a driver will need a motorcycle license too, but let's table that discussion for now.

For the helmet, what position do you have Larry (and anyone else wanting to chime in)... do you have confidence that the Elio govt lobbyist will get this changed in the next year, or do you think it will take action from NE residents to help get the law changed?

Y'all may know this, but the Elio lobbyist has a track record of helping state legislatures to change laws to get exemptions for helmets and motorcycle license. Very interested in your thoughts.

For KS where I live, no helmet needed. On a side note, I took a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class recently in Kearney, NE.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the helmet, what position do you have Larry (and anyone else wanting to chime in)... do you have confidence that the Elio govt lobbyist will get this changed in the next year, or do you think it will take action from NE residents to help get the law changed?

Y'all may know this, but the Elio lobbyist has a track record of helping state legislatures to change laws to get exemptions for helmets and motorcycle license. Very interested in your thoughts.
Since production has been delayed until late 2015 I think the Elio legislative team has plenty of time to get the laws changed especially since so many states have already passed the appropriate legislation.

PeteinKC

Elio Fan
Reaction score

For KS where I live, no helmet needed. On a side note, I took a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class recently in Kearney, NE.

I did a fair amount of my growing up in NE and still have some family there. (Plus my daughter starts at UNK in August! Go, Lopers!)
Now in Kansas City, MO - another state that has not modified any laws concerning the Elio & helmet use, or definition. (According to MO, it's a motorcycle, period.) I would like to see the helmet law changed for the Elio, (enclosed/shoulder restraints/airbags/etc) but I consider the helmet law for motorcycles to be a separate issue. (No flames, please - I have a Can Am Spyder (it is SO a motorcycle!) and will have north of 30K in its saddle before the month is out.)
The Elio is not a motorcycle, and shouldn't be used as an excuse for a blanket change to the helmet laws pertaining to them. I'm not against changing them - I just don't believe we're talking apples/apples. More like apples/zuchini. Just my opinion and choice..personally, with all the distracted drivers on the roads, I won't leave the driveway without a helmet, boots, armored jacket (leather or mesh) and at least heavy jeans...I know someone personally who spent over 9 mo in the hospital, and 3 yrs of rehab from roadrash alone after coming off the back of a crotch rocket at 30 mph in shorts and a tee shirt.
Good job on the MC Safety class!! I think that should be required of ALL drivers, just for the awareness training included.
Pete

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did a fair amount of my growing up in NE and still have some family there. (Plus my daughter starts at UNK in August! Go, Lopers!)
Now in Kansas City, MO - another state that has not modified any laws concerning the Elio & helmet use, or definition. (According to MO, it's a motorcycle, period.) I would like to see the helmet law changed for the Elio, (enclosed/shoulder restraints/airbags/etc) but I consider the helmet law for motorcycles to be a separate issue. (No flames, please - I have a Can Am Spyder (it is SO a motorcycle!) and will have north of 30K in its saddle before the month is out.)
The Elio is not a motorcycle, and shouldn't be used as an excuse for a blanket change to the helmet laws pertaining to them. I'm not against changing them - I just don't believe we're talking apples/apples. More like apples/zuchini. Just my opinion and choice..personally, with all the distracted drivers on the roads, I won't leave the driveway without a helmet, boots, armored jacket (leather or mesh) and at least heavy jeans...I know someone personally who spent over 9 mo in the hospital, and 3 yrs of rehab from roadrash alone after coming off the back of a crotch rocket at 30 mph in shorts and a tee shirt.
Good job on the MC Safety class!! I think that should be required of ALL drivers, just for the awareness training included.
Pete
Welcome to the forum and the legion of Elio fans. Hope you find the forum and its friendly helpful people useful and informative. Thanks for joining this ever increasing group of Elio fans. Let's enjoy the experience and journey together.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that I will have to wear a helmet in nebraska for a year after I get my Elio before anything changes. Way to many conservatives in nebraska. We will be the last for the change :mad:

Laws changed no helmet in the Elio now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom