• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here Comes The Reason For Moving From Florida To Seattle!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cara1.jpg

My first grandchild!! (2 weeks away)!!
I hope to drive her around in my Elio
Here's a question I don't think's been asked
(will the car seat fit ??)
At least I know the delivery date for her!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a child strapped into that safety seat is going to be more difficult with limited access to the rear compartment.
I've seen some of the newer car seats for kids; my daughter had one for my granddaughter that she could strap her into this carry seat that just clicked into the main "shell" that was already mounted in the car. This way getting all of the straps and buckles can be done outside the car; getting it into the car was a quick one step deal. I have no idea who made it, or what it cost, but it was very cool (so it must have been expensive).

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen some of the newer car seats for kids; my daughter had one for my granddaughter that she could strap her into this carry seat that just clicked into the main "shell" that was already mounted in the car. This way getting all of the straps and buckles can be done outside the car; getting it into the car was a quick one step deal. I have no idea who made it, or what it cost, but it was very cool (so it must have been expensive).
yea she showed me the set up, it starts with smaller inserts and you remove "layers" as the kid grows. It cost more than my first car!! (very used of course, 1954 Olds- with a rope behind the back seat for a blanket!!)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
yea she showed me the set up, it starts with smaller inserts and you remove "layers" as the kid grows. It cost more than my first car!! (very used of course, 1954 Olds- with a rope behind the back seat for a blanket!!)
"...... with a rope behind the back seat for a blanket!!!......" What?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the back seat so that passengers to drape it over their legs to keep warm -no heat in the back!
Did I mention the width of the seat was perfect for parking in Lover's Lane- or in Brooklyn it was called submarine race watching (parking along the shore) As told by cousin Bruce-e, A.M radio 660 early rock jock. Others out here remember that?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These are the standard for newborns, up to about 30 pounds, max. Been that way for many years. Very convenient. You can buy extra bases to strap into your different vehicles, much cheaper than buying a whole new seat for each car. Overall, though, these seats aren't all that expensive. You can easily find them for <$100, if you don't want designer color schemes or a fancy brand name.

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
im going to mount ski boot bindings on the roof and the passengers will have to wear ski boots and snap into the bindings and car surf. for safety I will also have a vertical grab bar for them to hold on to.

Top Bottom