• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here's One I Hadn't Seen By Gadget Review

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A quiet interior and compliant suspension, is more accurate as to whether Elio will be good as a 'long haul' vehicle or not. Not how 'small' the interior is, which people say does not feel small at all.
Adequate driver ride height is also important, whether local or long haul driving.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sat in the P3 in Albuquerque last fall and was surprised by the interior cabin room. Plenty of headroom as well. Can't estimate its comfort for a long drive however

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sat in the P3 in Albuquerque last fall and was surprised by the interior cabin room. Plenty of headroom as well. Can't estimate its comfort for a long drive however
None of us can. I just hope if/when I pick up my Elio in Shreveport that the experience isn't like trying to break in new shoes that you shouldn't have bought in the first place. My trip is going to be one very long haul. LOL :-) Z

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Nothing I've seen or heard points to it not being a great long haul vehicle. It's main advantage is the highway mpg. Assuming the comfort is at least as good as a typical economy car then I think it makes more sense as a long haul commuter than a stop and go city driving commuter. I drive 45 highway miles to work (90 round trip) so I plan on using it almost exclusively on the highway where it shines best. Also I can't imagine why I wouldn't choose it for a long trip if I was driving solo. Why pay to haul around unneeded weight and girth?

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Traveling round trip for work is my primary reason for the Elio. But I my not be able to resist making a long long trip with that great milage. :)

Top Bottom