• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey...i Can See My House From Here!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The houses just south of mine are under once again. Most not completely repaired from the 2015 flood. In the video at 00:29 you can see a large white building at the top of the screen. That building is directly across the street from my house. At present the wife says we've got another 100' - 150' before it's in the backyard! I did buy a generator back in 2015 just in case the city cut the power to my block. WHAT A MESS!!:(

http://fox2now.com/2017/05/02/devastating-video-shows-extent-of-floods-in-pacific-mo/

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The houses just south of mine are under once again. Most not completely repaired from the 2015 flood. In the video at 00:29 you can see a large white building at the top of the screen. That building is directly across the street from my house. At present the wife says we've got another 100' - 150' before it's in the backyard! I did buy a generator back in 2015 just in case the city cut the power to my block. WHAT A MESS!!:(

http://fox2now.com/2017/05/02/devastating-video-shows-extent-of-floods-in-pacific-mo/
My oh my, what a mess and loss. Sure hope you have flood insurance

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Damn, that's a lot of water. Even if those homeowners have flood insurance, I have no idea how they'll ever get it again after 2 floods in 3 years.

Stay dry!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My oh my, what a mess and loss. Sure hope you have flood insurance

There's a set of railroad tracks between us and the Meramec River that kind of acts like a levy, but the tracks are under water now. I've NEVER seen that before! If it comes up another foot or so there won't be much we can do about it. Flood insurance isn't required on my side of the tracks because the water has never gone over them...until now! Staying dry for now.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
glad you are still dry .... have you heard anything about the KOA .... how about Belleville

in the FYI category, the following was just taken from the West St Louis KOA ===

"Interstate 44 Closure and Flood Update - While there are no immediate flooding issues/danger at the KOA, I-44 is now closed from I-270 to Hwy 100, making it difficult to reach the campground. It is expected to remain this way through Thursday night. Please call the campground for the most up to date information. "

as to the Belleville campground, its flooded, the entire lower level is way under water .... the good news is they had sufficient time to get the local power, water, and sewer companies to come in an shut things down before the flooding ... that is supposed to make it easier/quicker for them to reopen ... their goal is to get back in business in a couple of weeks

sure hope the water level doesn't rise any more in NSTG8R's areahttps://www.elioowners.com/members/nstg8r.1986/

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Damn, that's a lot of water. Even if those homeowners have flood insurance, I have no idea how they'll ever get it again after 2 floods in 3 years.

Stay dry!
I think as it currently stands, you can always get flood insurance- even in Sandy-Hook (NJ). it's, like everything else the COST. There will be no need to supplement those folks moving forward. Prices will return the seafronts to their natural state, asfolks flee to higher ground when the annual insurance is higher than the value of their homes. G_D works in mysterious ways, she'll let nature recover from humans.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we dodged the bullet on damage to the house [knock wood]! Seems like the seepage into the basement is slowing down, and according to the news the crest has passed Pacific, MO. Still going to take about a week for the river to get back where it belongs, and it's still lightly raining, but the worst seems to be over. :hail:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
glad to hear the crest is past and the water level is falling .... with all of the flooded roads have you been able to find a way to get to work

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
glad to hear the crest is past and the water level is falling .... with all of the flooded roads have you been able to find a way to get to work

Hwy 100 [Manchester Rd.] is the only way that was open to get to work from my house. It goes from St. Louis all the way to Jeff City and never crosses a river. The 2 hour commutes got old instantly though.

Top Bottom