• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hi, I'm Drew

DrewBarfield

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently made a reservation of $1000 on 20 May 2016. I haven't gotten a number-in-line email yet. Good to see others are as excited about this possibility as I am. I'm in Glen Allen, VA just north of Richmond.

Does anyone know what operating system the control panel (the tablet device) uses? I'm interested to see if it's hack-able. Maybe I can write my own apps for the Elio?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently made a reservation of $1000 on 20 May 2016. I haven't gotten a number-in-line email yet. Good to see others are as excited about this possibility as I am. I'm in Glen Allen, VA just north of Richmond.

Does anyone know what operating system the control panel (the tablet device) uses? I'm interested to see if it's hack-able. Maybe I can write my own apps for the Elio?

Welcome!

As far as we know/has been told, the Tablet device will be user-supplied; you will be able to run either your Apple or Android device in the Elio. The basic stereo system is just an AM/FM radio, but the advanced ones will have all kinds of connectivity and the ability to dock your tablet.

Finally, the Infinite Skyz system will have full access to the Elio's data (complete gauge display, OBD-II information, etc) and that company has said they will support both Android and Apple devices. Alternately, you could get your own OBD-II bluetooth adapter and hack the Elio yourself. If you don't make an app, I'm sure somebody else will eventually :)

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Welcome Drew,
It's good to see that you have realistic expectations (you said "possibility"). This tells me that you actually read the "terms" before putting your money down. :nod: :becky:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

You made your reservation on the 20th and you didn't get it?
The last SIL <SIL=Spot In Line> mailing was on May 22nd and you should have received it. The next mailing won't be until some time in July.

Did you get your confirmation of the transaction?
And have you checked your spam/junk folders on your email client?

Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated with Elio Motors.
So I would suggest getting in touch with them; and make sure to have your transaction paperwork handy.

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

One thing I forgot to ask; you said you did your $1,000 reservation, but you didn't say if it was All In, or Want In.
The All In is a non-refundable deposit
The Want In is a refundable deposit
The only deposits that do receive the SIL are the $1K All In, all other deposits are in line, in order of All In amounts, than Want in amounts (1,000 / 500 / 250 / 100)

DrewBarfield

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to ask; you said you did your $1,000 reservation, but you didn't say if it was All In, or Want In.
The All In is a non-refundable deposit
The Want In is a refundable deposit
The only deposits that do receive the SIL are the $1K All In, all other deposits are in line, in order of All In amounts, than Want in amounts (1,000 / 500 / 250 / 100)
I went all-in with $100 then a $900 upgrade. I've contacted Elio and my number will be in the next batch.

DrewBarfield

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

As far as we know/has been told, the Tablet device will be user-supplied; you will be able to run either your Apple or Android device in the Elio. The basic stereo system is just an AM/FM radio, but the advanced ones will have all kinds of connectivity and the ability to dock your tablet.

Finally, the Infinite Skyz system will have full access to the Elio's data (complete gauge display, OBD-II information, etc) and that company has said they will support both Android and Apple devices. Alternately, you could get your own OBD-II bluetooth adapter and hack the Elio yourself. If you don't make an app, I'm sure somebody else will eventually :)

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

jessemck

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Welcome!

When I was at the Greenwood, IN stop I asked about the Standard Radio and was told it would have Bluetooth and a USB and AUX connection.

Top Bottom