• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hola! New Caddo Parish Commissioner

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Caddo Parish Commissioner Mario Chavez commenting on the GM plant and Elio Motors sees the jobs EM can bring as a priority;

Shreveport Times: What do you think about (the situation with) the old General Motors building and Elio Motors not yet starting production ?

MC: That's one of my biggest concerns because Southern Hills will be better as soon as an automobile manufacturer, or any manufacturer, gets into that plant. Once they get into that plant, we'll have a lot more jobs. Jobs equal homeowners. Homeowners care more about their yards. They care more about their streets. They care more about their community, their neighbors. The whole Southern Hills will come back alive so I'm highly focused on that.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/local/2016/01/11/commission-inauguration/78623060/

eliio21783

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Caddo Parish Commissioner Mario Chavez commenting on the GM plant and Elio Motors sees the jobs EM can bring as a priority;

Shreveport Times: What do you think about (the situation with) the old General Motors building and Elio Motors not yet starting production ?

MC: That's one of my biggest concerns because Southern Hills will be better as soon as an automobile manufacturer, or any manufacturer, gets into that plant. Once they get into that plant, we'll have a lot more jobs. Jobs equal homeowners. Homeowners care more about their yards. They care more about their streets. They care more about their community, their neighbors. The whole Southern Hills will come back alive so I'm highly focused on that.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/local/2016/01/11/commission-inauguration/78623060/
Does that mean they don't have the plant?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... I was debating opening a thread about politicizing the Elio. IOW, getting one of the many presidential candidates (or even several, one after the other) coming down for photo ops in front of the new Elio manufacturing plant, talking about how this creates American jobs, how it is only the current political administration which is preventing a full ramp-up of production and job creation in the parish and the state (and by extension, all the other states with plants that produce parts for this new auto, made in the USA from American parts, not in Mexico or Canada, yada yada yada). You can fill in the political speech.

Vote America! Vote Elio!

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... I was debating opening a thread about politicizing the Elio. IOW, getting one of the many presidential candidates (or even several, one after the other) coming down for photo ops in front of the new Elio manufacturing plant, talking about how this creates American jobs, how it is only the current political administration which is preventing a full ramp-up of production and job creation in the parish and the state (and by extension, all the other states with plants that produce parts for this new auto, made in the USA from American parts, not in Mexico or Canada, yada yada yada). You can fill in the political speech.

Vote America! Vote Elio!
That'd be a bad idea IMO. It'd automatically alienate a certain % of the customer base - think "I'm not gonna buy anything that kook (insert whatever candidate name here) supports!"

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand trying to keep the flames to a minimum, but can there be threads dedicated to political discussions that are relevant to Elio Motors? That way the discussion can happen, but those who would rather avoid such topics could do so.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been a part of several boards that have a separate section that allows political discussion related to 'x' topic and have rarely seen negative consequences when it's clearly stated "this area is if set aside for it, keep it here and keep it calm etc etc...". It's usually when topics veer off into a political discussion mixed with people freaking out about it being brought up that things go south quickly. When it's an expected and allowed topic, much fewer problems. The religion thing is fine to keep shelved, Elio doesn't have squat to do with that topic, but it is now and is going to become even more so as things progress, involved politically. It's going to quickly get next to impossible to avoid it.

Top Bottom